Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Nov-2004, 14:42

Mood: tip top
secondhand exhaust [no brand]

Hi all,i have fitted a pair of secondhand carbon exhausts [50mm] to my 748 no probs and then to the dealer for new chip and set up,at high speed the bike runs fine but at slow speeds,say 30mph the bike pops and you can feel the bang through the throttle grip,also the cans have no brand,nothing just [not for road use].
Any help would be grateful.
Old 24-Nov-2004, 14:49
Big Twin

Funny that...i had a simialr experience with my old 748...a very small pop at small throttle openings...but it felt as though it was coming from between my legs (yes, yes I know! )rather than the exhausts. I could also feel it through the throttle grip which I thought was really wierd.

As it used to be hardly noticable, I never got around to sorting it out properly and just rode around it.

The best explaination I heard was that it was somehow misfiring back through the airbox. Don't know if thats possible/what it means/how to fix it, but it did seem to be the best explaination for the sound and sensation I was experiencing.

I guess it comes down to mixture/throttle position sensor etc.

[Edited on 24-11-2004 by Harv748]

Old 24-Nov-2004, 14:53
Ducati Corse

My ST2 did the same thing. I sorted it out by balancing the throttle bodies. Get it to a dealer who knows what is doing and get it set up. There is more to it than just changing the chip.
Old 24-Nov-2004, 14:58

Quote:
Originally posted by Harv748
Funny that...i had a simialr experience with my old 748...a very small pop at small throttle openings...but it felt as though it was coming from between my legs (yes, yes I know! )rather than the exhausts. I could also feel it through the throttle grip which I thought was really wierd.

As it used to be hardly noticable, I never got around to sorting it out properly and just rode around it.

The best explaination I heard was that it was somehow misfiring back through the airbox. Don't know if thats possible/what it means/how to fix it, but it did seem to be the best explaination for the sound and sensation I was experiencing.

I guess it comes down to mixture/throttle position sensor etc.

Thanks for that i will have a look or back to the dealers.
Old 24-Nov-2004, 15:03

Quote:
Originally posted by rockhopper
My ST2 did the same thing. I sorted it out by balancing the throttle bodies. Get it to a dealer who knows what is doing and get it set up. There is more to it than just changing the chip.
You are right i think they do not no what is going on.
Old 24-Nov-2004, 22:20
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
mmmmmmmmmmm think i might need to get my 748 looked at then ???