Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 29-Nov-2006, 17:45
BSB Star

Mood: living my life to the full
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
I left the Uk 16 years ago, did i look back, Now the goverment now says the imigration is balanced by Brits emigrating, do they not ask them selfs why ??
Dooglaman, It's time to sell up completely and just sod off. Reading all these posts has made me think. Where once we were a proud nation, now we all just plod along just like the film 1980!! We also have friends who have bought a place in France. They do not want to come back. All this saddens me too and that poor lady's family approaching Christmas. It's bad enough when you lose someone close naturally let alone a life taken without reason!! This is all a sobering thought. I hate this society.
Old 29-Nov-2006, 18:20
Big Twin

Mood: Happy.
Sad news, this is local to me. RIP

Unfortunately illegal immigrants (usually Eastern Europeans) are quite common around here.
No names, but a large local and very wealthy company has been prosecuted on a few occasions for exploiting or employing these people probably on the minimum wage or very likely below the minimum wage. Ironically, I am informed that this company supply Tesco with their 'Local Produce'.
Old 30-Nov-2006, 08:10
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Cool

I have a solution to the imigrant problem: SOILANT GREEN!
Old 30-Nov-2006, 08:18
888 at Last !!!

Mood: On the up
forgive the ignorance, but what is Soilant Green?
Old 30-Nov-2006, 09:15
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboy
forgive the ignorance, but what is Soilant Green?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green
Old 30-Nov-2006, 09:29
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD
Unfortunately illegal immigrants (usually Eastern Europeans) are quite common around here.

From which Eastern European countries are these illegal immigrants from?

If you're referring to immigrants from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia or Slovenia, then as citizens of EU member states they have every right to live in the UK and are not illegal.
Old 30-Nov-2006, 09:49
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
I left the Uk 16 years ago, did i look back, Now the goverment now says the imigration is balanced by Brits emigrating, do they not ask them selfs why ??

I saw some figures recently that showed around 400,000 people emigrating from the UK last year. Many are retirees going to the sun but around 200,000 are educated at least to degree level, and experienced. Most are from science and engineering disciplines. So the numbers may be in balance but I bet its not when you consider education and experience.

Almost all of the people I went to university with now work abroad. Despite offers of work in Canada and Australia I am still here, mostly because of my wifes elderly mother. When she goes, so do we.
Old 30-Nov-2006, 09:53
BSB Star

Thumbs up

Ratboy

Soilant Green was a film with Edward G Robinson and Charlton Heston where humans were reprocessed for food! It took place in the future and it seemed a good solution to several problems at the present!
Old 30-Nov-2006, 09:57
BSB Star

Angry

I`m with you there Herb, once my inlaws have shuffled of this mortal coil were off to abetter life.

I fancy france, Italy or Germany but I think the misses has leaning towards NZ.

I quite fancy a nice house, with a bit of land, and some outbuildings that can be converted to geats (not sure if thats spolt corictly) plus the potential to build a decent garage/workshop area as well.

I just want to leave these shores as the scum bags infiltrate even further. but for now I`ll continue to work 6 or 7 days a week to support the scroungers imigrants and hangers on to the system!

Damn bloods turning to steam now!!!
Old 30-Nov-2006, 10:01
Big Twin

Not wanting to sound like a "Grumpy Old Man" but this seems to be typical of the way society unfortunatley seems to be going, it's awful that this happend to this lady or anyone, but this attitude seems prevelent these days.
The litter thrown down, the sods who damage your car in the supermarket car park and drive away !!! just typical of todays attitude.
I was glad to see that the drunk driver on last night's Police camera action got 4 years in jail,he showed no remorse for his victim and I was glad the Police got him on this second occasion. We should have more of this but just think of the cost saving in our time, tax etc if all people behaved a little more responsably and thought of others and just think the world could be a better place !!!
However stop dreaming, this is Blairs nanny state and I am sure that before long motorbikes will be banned as being anti social and we will have to use electric scooters !! rant over, have a good day,

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit