Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 27-Jul-2006, 11:28
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
With a Monster or a Multi, you've got acres of exposed engine that'll be a nightmare to keep on top of if you're reckoning to ride it through the winter, but the ST will lap it all up. Ride magazine did a test on riding through the winter on a whole bunch of bikes a few years ago and they were staggered to find that the Ducati ST2 won it - it scrubbed up better than all the Jap bikes, triumphs etc... Mine has been through 4 winters and still scrubs up OK.

WARNING! Thread hijack...........

I've been considering changing from my Supersport to a Multistrada sometime in the next 12 months. Why? Well, a change is as good as a holiday and I get to keep riding a sexy aircooled 2V engine.

My number one Multistrada concern is how tatty the engine will get after winter riding. I intend to use the bike for commuting and touring in general.

I've owned a half-faired 750ss and after 2 winters I will admit that the engine started looking worse for wear. Yet, my fully fair 900ss also looks pretty tatty underneath the fairings. It's like the fairings are just hiding all the corrosion damage. Maybe what you can't see isn't as bad what you can......

Anyone have any comments on how well the exposed Multistrade engine holds up to winter and wet riding in general?

On a slightly different tangent, how wide are Multis? I really appreciate how narrow my SS is when commuting.