Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Mar-2006, 23:03
Mille

MOT Testing in South ?

Does anyone know of a good MOT test station near the Luton / Dunstable area?

I have rung a few places but they won't pass my 748 with the Termi's on & I don't have a set of standard cans.

What does everyone else do at MOT time?

Cheers

Chris.
Old 24-Mar-2006, 23:16
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
U2U Fordie...he gets his termi'd up 996 through an MOT in the dunstable area without any problems.

Failing that, try Flitwick Motorcycles in, funnily enough, Flitwick. they MOT'd my ST with Ducati Performance cans on, all they wanted to see before they did the MOT was that I'd got the original can and asked to see them the day before the test. Since I've got the original cans i did just that..no bother.

All they did was take a quick look at the original can. So, I've got an ST can you can borrow to show them...I doubt anyone would know the difference
Old 24-Mar-2006, 23:39
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Chris you got U2U 4D
Old 25-Mar-2006, 01:40
Big Twin

...this has been covered loads recently due to the recent change in the MOT system...as long as your cans DO NOT have 'for race use only' or 'not for road use' stamped on them...they are legal.

If they pass or not then depends on the tester as an individual and wheather or not they 'feel' they are too load or not. It really is as simple as that. If the guy thinks they are a bit noisy...he can fail you...if he likes Dukes...he will laugh out loud and give you the thumbs up.

If you take it to a bike friendly test centre, then I think you will have no problem.
Old 25-Mar-2006, 11:46
500SD

Find a Hardley Worthitson dealer that does MOT's. My mate has never raised an eyebrow with straight through pipes. In the opinion of his dealer they sound just fine.