Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 20-Feb-2005, 20:48
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
WSB last pre-season test

For the long story have a look here, but it looks like Suzuki and Yamaha will have a few surprises for the factory Ducatis and the Hondas. Ben Bostrom finished the test in 23rd! Ouch!

It should be a great season, though, with very close racing! Can't wait until next Saturday, Eurosport live for 6 hours starting at 7:00 AM GMT, I believe.
Old 20-Feb-2005, 21:02
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I've been quietly confident about Corser, and we know what a talent Yukio is. Corser has bene the quickest all along until the qualifier came out - is Mr Superpole going to be out-superpoled??

I'm going to be so bold as to predict Corser to pick up his second WSB title.

With my other prediction of Mladin picking up the AMA could it be two Aussie's picking up two major SB titles?

And we'll have the bloody Ashes while we're at it!!!!!

[Edited on 20-2-2005 by tp-996]
Old 20-Feb-2005, 22:03
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Well, you're unlikely to score a Aussie hat-trick with Bayliss! But, yes, Corser finally has a chance again after getting off those Fogey bikes (no not a spelling error!). Did you notice the times for McCoy and Martin? It would appear to be rough season ahead for them, probably the hardest yet.
Old 20-Feb-2005, 22:13
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Felix
Well, you're unlikely to score a Aussie hat-trick with Bayliss! But, yes, Corser finally has a chance again after getting off those Fogey bikes (no not a spelling error!). Did you notice the times for McCoy and Martin? It would appear to be rough season ahead for them, probably the hardest yet.

Well the hat-trick isn't looking good I must admit. I think Steve and Gary (two good Aussie names, Bruce) didn't have too many offers on the table. Corser mustn't have either at the time, why else would he work for Foggy after the drama's he went through when they were riding together in the factory team.

I watched faster on Friday night and Gary was the man, one of the main threats on the Yamahahahahaha ;-) in the 500 changing to MotoGP. So disappointing, maybe he lost the edge in the big crashes he had then? Oh well.

Come on Aussie come on, come on. Come on Aussie come on!!
Old 21-Feb-2005, 22:37
500SD
Bikes: CBR 600F2-(Ishikawa), Blade RRS-(Baba San), 996s-(Tambo), 996R-(Tambo), MV f1000 312-Tambo

Mood: I like my bike
With Toseland and Laconi coming 4th and 9th, 4th and 10th in the last 2 tests, seems Ducati will not be having it all their own way this season. Noticed that in one of their online surveys, they asked how important the v2 was to the ducati rider. So perhaps if after the next 2 seasons in WSB, they lose out to Jap 4s, we will see a V4 Ducati in WSB. Would certainly help reduce development costs. Nice though, even if not especially likely. RC 30 anyone?
Old 21-Feb-2005, 22:56
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
I think we will get a better idea after saturday.
Testing is only testing and we don't know what any of the teams were upto

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit