Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 09-Apr-2004, 04:50
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
You think you guys/gals have it bad??? North of the border is even worse!!

I am an avid Glasgow Rangers fan....(Ok no laughing at the back)

Things have got that bad at Ibrox they are thinking of "Banning" Union Jacks from the games. Scotland has a long way to go before it is "Bigot Free" but this is going too far.

Ok to clarify not all Scotsman class themselves as Jocks....some prefer to be classed as British.....If they want to show this afinity to the state by waving Union Jacks and wearing England tops to a Scottish league game....crack on.

Our friends across the other side of the city (who are going to win everything this year before anyone else says it!)wave tricolours and that too is fine by me.

This country has gone crazy. Last time i checked i had a British passport and i am proud of that. I gave 9 years of my life to Queen and country and want to celebrate being a Brit. Even if i do live North of the border.

It is all about accepting other peoples cultures and getting on with it.

I have got it spot on....Chinese wife and a son who i have adopted who is Asian.....makes for interesting arguments on whether we are going to order chinese or Asian cuisine at the weekends....and boy to we get some strange looks when we walk down the high street!!!

Also a great excuse for 2 New Years celebrations and loads of other celebrations that i would never have a chance to get involved in otherwise.

We need to be teaching our kids from an early age that it is cool to be proud of what you are and where your roots are from....If that means wearing an england top fine, a sahri (Not sure if that is spelt correct) fine also.......

Extreme actions within schools like this will only add to the problem. It is political correctness gone too far...

Now group hug anyone??????

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by ScottyB]

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by ScottyB]
Old 09-Apr-2004, 17:34
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
In reality the Government have started to realise that this PC attitude has gone a bit far. The front page of The Times last Saturday there was quite an interesting piece on all of this, with some comments from a senior HO bod about how "our" tolerance for others has got out of hand and is now being turned around and used against us, - terrorists and "travellers".

A new subject called Citizenship is coming into the National Curriculum, bad news is that it replaces the old PE, so not only does your child not get fed at school these days he or she does not get exercised either, but that's another subject.
Old 09-Apr-2004, 20:16

Mood: 6 points and simmering
The Nutty School

The school is acting in a very stupid and apparently PC extreme manner. We should be proud to be British, and one of the reasons I,m proud to be British is they way in which we accept other cultures, and other people's right to an opinion. Re the BNP however, its worth noting that they would like to repatriate every non white anglo saxon. As others have said, stupid actions like those been taken by the school, simply allow such extremists to pretend to represent 'normal' people when they complain about it.

Well life is'nt just about owning a Duke?
Old 10-Apr-2004, 19:48
Mille

Yes, it's very good being as accommodating as we are, but look how we get repaid........by being bombed
Old 10-Apr-2004, 20:04
500SD

its a bit daft me posting this i know, but my views on the patriotism/asylum/pc subject are a bit strong to share here....
have to be careful what you say these days, us brits are not allowed an opinion anymore, yet others can burn the union jack in public....need i say more anyway.
Old 10-Apr-2004, 22:49
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
I won`t go into details on here but please vote for the BNP/NF as I make lots of money from overtime from them.
Old 10-Apr-2004, 23:04
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Desmondo
Nah, he'll be fine. He'll just chuck on his St. Georges Cross thong and prance down the high street

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit