Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Apr-2005, 23:15
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
the ones on my 748 are fine a sod to fit but then it was the first time i had done it
Old 03-Apr-2005, 00:31
Mille

Mood: dooM
Well I have a pair of 45mm Microns with said mentioned eBay Termignoni stickers and no-one has ever flagged me up on it yet. Yes, the carbon is gloss finish but the build quality is excellent.

I was talking to a Duke mechanic today who also said the 748 doesn't particularly like 50mm cans and is a pain to set them up. Perhaps something to consider?
Old 03-Apr-2005, 00:33
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
mines got 50mm termi's on and it runs fine, think it helps that they were set up at jhp
Old 03-Apr-2005, 02:55

My 748's got 50mm Termi's and a JHP chip and it runs fine too!
Old 03-Apr-2005, 09:55
Mille

Mood: dooM
Said Duke mechanic obviously knows dick!
Old 03-Apr-2005, 10:02
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by deej

how much rear brake do yuo guys use on the road, ive got size 11 feet and find it difficult to locate the rear brake sometimes ??? plus when i do use it it feels crap anyway

Deej,

You'll find the rear brake packs up at after about 30 uses after a service ..... so most people use it about twice a month ... I never use mine ....
Old 03-Apr-2005, 11:00
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
Quote:
Originally posted by hogfisch
Well I have a pair of 45mm Microns with said mentioned eBay Termignoni stickers and no-one has ever flagged me up on it yet. Yes, the carbon is gloss finish but the build quality is excellent.

I was talking to a Duke mechanic today who also said the 748 doesn't particularly like 50mm cans and is a pain to set them up. Perhaps something to consider?

He was probably thinking of a full 50mm system
you'd have to have a highly tuned bike to utilise it properly, a 45 to 50 mm set up (ie standard 45mm downpipes with 45 to 50mm intermediates to the cans ) should be no problem as as pointed out and as on mine a jhp chip about £25 is spot on , mine idled perfectly and fuelling was perfect
Old 03-Apr-2005, 15:13
Mille
Bikes: Ducati MS1200 & 916 track bike

Just to put my 2p worth in as a (relitively) new 748 owner who has fitted some of these bits.

50mm Termis (half system) do work OK but you loose a bit in the bottom end tractability. 45mm is apparently best unless you are considering other engine mods such as an 853cc conversion or spend most of your time in the top half of the rev band. Also they are LOUD if this matters to you.

I fitted a slipper clutch as I did find the back end locks when braking hard mostly on the track but it did it in the damp on roads as well.

Rear brake; see above - soo much engine braking rear brake only required for slow speed maneouvering really.