Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Apr-2005, 21:49

newby questions

old hat to you guys sorry for raising the points again , but the forum search is leading me all over.
brother in laws , just bougth a early 916
q1 what seems to be called ''suicide stand'' who supplys the modded bolt ducati/ aftermarket.it needs sorting before i drop it/he starts shouting
q2 finding neutral pig to find kickingup/down at astand still probable causes.
Old 08-Apr-2005, 21:52
Dibble

ha ha ha .... www.cornerspeed.co.uk .... 01623 758877 and speak to our very own Nelly, he'll sort you out ....

and welcome .....

clutch may be due to excessive play in the clutch plates due to wear .....

Nelly will be along shortly .....
Old 08-Apr-2005, 22:29
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
I need to order some more sidestand plates, but if you want part numbers, let me know and you can get them from your nearest dealer.

clutch could be as Dibble points out in need of new plates, but try bleeding it first. not the easiest things to bleed completely but have patience and it'll come good. make sure you get all the air out.
Old 08-Apr-2005, 23:12
GTL

Mood: me in a mood? NEVER!
had a problem for a while with mine selecting neutral and can when i adjust the dial on the lever, was told by a ducati mechanic that a after market slave will solve it, is this the case??
Old 08-Apr-2005, 23:46
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
The problem is caused by the clutch dragging too much.
This could be either worn clutch plates/drum not allowing the plates to seperate fully or by not having enough movement on the pushrod to disengage the clutch enough.
Adjusting you span adjuster to a wider setting will allow more fluid to be pumped and give the push rod more movement.
Usually bleeding the system will cure it. If not the piston could be leaking.
99.9% of the aftermarket slave cylinders are about reducing lever pressure. They do this by using a bigger bore. The knock on of this is reduced pushrod movement though.
Yes, a new slave will cure it because it won't be leaking (shouldn't be anyhow) and you'd have bled it up. If you're ok with the lever pressure though, i'd check the seal isn't leaking first then bleed the clutch. At worst you'll need a new slave piston (evoluzione do one for £18 which is better than the OE one) at best it'll cost you a bit of brake fluid and half a hour.
Old 09-Apr-2005, 01:51
GTL

Mood: me in a mood? NEVER!
cheers nelly i'll give it a go tomorrow.