Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Apr-2005, 13:25
Mille

Mood: suns out...happpy!!!brm brm
value of my 996

sadly,due to lack of lodger,divorce n all that **** resulting in less money i may have to let my pride and joy go,but id appreciate some help from you guys as to the approximate value....its a 996bp,sprayed black with the white on the rear.approx 9500 miles and had its 6000 mile service done at pro twins.I changed the fuel filter at 6000 miles and air filters,ive also changed the oil and oil filter myself every 300 and kept the docs as proof.It'll come with a paddock stand,cover and spare front and rear socket that i had given to me when i bought it,larger tinted screen and termis,but i also have the originals...oops nearly forgot its a 2001 bike.Any views as to what price i should put it up for would be appreciated,thanks,jase
Old 05-Apr-2005, 14:05
Big Twin

Don't really know to be honest mate...but check out the classifieds in MCN tomorrow for an idea of the private sector and checkout http://www.ducatiaylesbury.co.uk for an idea of traders prices.

Good luck with whatever you do...
Old 05-Apr-2005, 14:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
2001 Bip in standard condition with FSH is worth between
£5250 and £5750 IMHO.

A 2001 could be on an X, Y or a 51 reg as that was the year everything changed.
Old 05-Apr-2005, 23:25
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Fed up...
Pretty much what BDG said, however I know someone who could be looking for a 996 and as he is ex 216 sigs he may be able to give a para an break!
I'll speak to him and let you know mate.
Old 06-Apr-2005, 21:42
Mille

Mood: suns out...happpy!!!brm brm
ha ha thanks dave.......not all craphats are bad,haha and thanks for the advice all
Old 08-Apr-2005, 09:30

Mood: bright eyed and bushy tailed
as a gauge for you i've been trying to sell my 99' T 996Bip (less than 6000 miles fully serviced and immaculate) since mid winter, been in mcn four times all the free ads on the web,e-bay and local press, had
a little interest but only one person has actually bothered to come and view, best offer £4500.
thinking maybe i should just take it, as the old adage proves, somethings only worth what people are willing to pay
Old 08-Apr-2005, 13:15
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Fed up...
Quote:
Originally posted by bossingit
ha ha thanks dave.......not all craphats are bad,haha and thanks for the advice all

No worries mate................I was witing for somit like that.....
But then who in there right mind would jump out of a perfectly servicable plane!
Old 08-Apr-2005, 17:04
Mille

Mood: Just the one bike for me now
The above comments ask the question "are Ducati's selling at all ?"

I ask that question as there seems to be an overwhelming amount of these machines out there currently up for sale.

Is the age of these machines or even maybe the stigma attached with them starting to reflect in number of 2nd hand 748/916/996/998 bike sales, or am I just scare mongering ?

Please tell me they're still sought after, desirable machines, before I go off and join the masses on an R1 or Blade...

Delooney.
Old 08-Apr-2005, 17:26
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
l don't think there's an overwhelming number for sale, if you look back at an old copy of MCN from last year its still the same.

More a case of nothing much sells over the winter months.

Ducati's remain very desirable machines, to the cognoscenti but do not have the same mass market appeal of Blades or R1's. Maybe the same as Porsches against VW's.

the difference is often someone may desire an icon such as a 916, but will still buy a Blade for a variety of reasons, not least cost, perceived reliability etc.

Every product has a price at which it will sell, even old CZ's.
Not every used Porsche sells immediately.

Enough deep thought, its Friday and time to start the stag weekend in the pub soon.
Old 08-Apr-2005, 17:44
Mille

Mood: Just the one bike for me now
My apologies for the somber thought's. The weathers getting me down and I'm faced with a wet ride out tomorrow to get the bike serviced.

Have a good un !

Delooney.