Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 14-Jul-2004, 23:36
500SD

Mood: Very happy with the Multi
Worrying policy wording!

Cancellation of policy = 7 days notice.

Invalid Policy = well it's not valid so you haven't got insurance, or am I missing something?

Cancellation

We or ******* Insurance Consultants Ltd can cancel this policy by giving you at least 7 days’ notice by recorded delivery letter to your last known address. In these circumstances you are entitled to the unused part of your premium. the certificate of motor insurance to us immediately under the rules of the Road Traffic Acts. Immediately after we have settled any claim under this policy for a total loss, we have the option to cancel your policy in which case your premium will not be returned.

Important changes

You must tell ********** Insurance Consultants Ltd immediately about any change in risk which could affect your policy (details of any vehicle change will be entered on the Motor Insurance Database). For example, you must tell ********** Insurance Consultants Ltd if any of the following happens:

• you or any other rider has been convicted of any motoring offence including fixed penalty offences;

• you or any other rider has been convicted of a criminal offence or have possible prosecutions outstanding;

• the main rider of your motorcycle changes;

• the registered keeper of your motorcycle changes;

• you get an extra motorcycle or change your motorcycle for another one;

any modifications are made to your motorcycle;

• you change the place where you usually keep your motorcycle;

• any rider develops a health condition which may affect their riding;

• the mileometer on your motorcycle fails (applicable only if you have submitted an annual mileage declaration).

This is not a full list. If you are not surewhether to report any change, please speak to **********Insurance Consultants
Ltd. We may re-assess your cover and premium as a result of any important information you give ********** Insurance

Consultants Ltd.

If you do not tell ***********Insurance Consultants Ltd anything which is relevant:

• your policy may not be valid; and

• we may reject your claim.

Old 14-Jul-2004, 23:45
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Standard disclaimers there Roy, but how well most of these would stand up in court is debateable.

For example, the line that says "any modifications are made to your motorcycle" could be interpreted to include replacing worn tyres with new ones, or replacing worn brake pads.

Now doing this would obviously only improve the safety of your motorcycle, so if your insurance position was called into question by such a modification, it could be argued that by modifying the bike you (or a dealer) had made it safer and this had not contributed to, say, an accident.
Old 14-Jul-2004, 23:46
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
You get an extra motorcycle? Why must you tell them if you get another motorcycle I wonder?
Old 14-Jul-2004, 23:55
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I really need to give Carole Nash a call because from what other peeps on the board have said they will still insure you with mods .. I can imagine the phone call ...

CN: So Mr TP, what modifications do you have?

TP: 54mm Sil Motor carbon fibre slip-ons ..

CN: Uh huh ..

TP: And umm ... a lightened flywheel ...

CN: Mm hmm ...

TP: Oh yeah, all the carbon bits (swingarm cover, heel plates, exhaust cover, front mudguard, rear hugger\chainguard)

CN: Anything else Mr TP

TP: Ummm, the FIM chip and injector mods

CN: And is that it Mr TP

TP: (I don't need to tell them about the other grunter stuff - they wouldn't know, it's internal ... ) For now

mmm, rearsets ... more carbon .... suspension setup ...

[Edited on 14-7-2004 by tp-996]
Old 15-Jul-2004, 14:43
Big Twin

For anyone who remembers Cool Hand Luke - play them at their own game.
The reason the disclaimers are in the Ts&Cs is probably because it's a case of covering their own ****. Like: Insurer is not responsible if you hit an elephant Unlikely unless Chester zoo has mass breakout and you happen to be in the area.
So if you do have a mod, such as tyre change or brake pad change, e-mail the insurance company with the details. I'm sure that after a years supply of totally inane mails re-tyres/pads/screen/tank pad changes they'll mod the clause to something more realistic.

Come to think of it, I think I'll take the bike back to primer and try and claim a discount for a now not so desirable motor.
Old 16-Jul-2004, 14:59
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Hmm, 2 vdrs's in a weekend = crackdown and persecution of motorcyclists...... I think not!

Insurance companies only want notification of modifications to charge you more premium as the add on bits will cost more to replace.

Come to my neck of the woods.... No insurance = we take the vehicle off the road and its cubed!! Or you might get 14 days to come up with all the documentation......
Old 16-Jul-2004, 16:06
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Hmm, 2 vdrs's in a weekend = crackdown and persecution of motorcyclists...... I think not!

Insurance companies only want notification of modifications to charge you more premium as the add on bits will cost more to replace.

So why do they want to know I have termis and mag wheels on if I'm TPO?
Old 16-Jul-2004, 16:24
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
as said before, in the real world it would be very difficult for an ins co to void your policy for minor changes, especially cosmetic ones. If this was the case, no one would ever be paid out. Like furry dice? VOID! Like nice sound system? VOID! Carbon heel plates? VOID! All these are changes to the opriginal spec of the vehicle and as such modifications.
Old 16-Jul-2004, 16:45
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
You have termis, mags etc on an expensive Ducati TPO??????
Old 16-Jul-2004, 17:02
Big Twin

Yep - now it's done 18,500 and worth f*ckall I can afford to insure it TPFT come renewal time

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit