Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 18-Jul-2004, 21:53
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
No sorry Weeksy, but if you wait a mo I sure David Cook will be along and explain it better.

I may be wrong, but I think you might be refering to the guys that hang their butt off the seat and leave their torso over the tank. Yeh this is purley for knee down effect. To get the most out of hanging off, you have to have your upper body as low has you can get it. This will differ from person to person. The ideal position is with you body running parallel with the bike. there is a good instance of this on DC's avitar.

Remember Weeksy a good racer is one that is willing to keep learning

btw, what LOL stand for?

[Edited on 18-7-2004 by Jon]
Old 18-Jul-2004, 22:32
Jewell

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
No sorry Weeksy, but if you wait a mo I sure David Cook will be along and explain it better.

I may be wrong, but I think you might be refering to the guys that hang their butt off the seat and leave their torso over the tank. Yeh this is purley for knee down effect. To get the most out of hanging off, you have to have your upper body as low has you can get it. This will differ from person to person. The ideal position is with you body running parallel with the bike. there is a good instance of this on DC's avitar.

Remember Weeksy a good racer is one that is willing to keep learning

btw, what LOL stand for?

[Edited on 18-7-2004 by Jon]

LOL=Laugh Out Loud

need help on my body position,i know what to do but not HOW.

any pointers dave?
Old 19-Jul-2004, 09:07
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
getting your knee down is actually very easy when you know how and doesnt necessarily mean you are going quickly, it can be done at 20 mph if you want.

the knee down/corner speed/lean angle thing is definitely a learning curve and as you get quicker you may need to change your style.

i was gagging to get my knee down for the first time about 4 years ago and was thrilled when i did it, now i am getting too much lean angle even though i thought i was hanging off enough (clearly not) so am now concetrating on keeping the bike more upright to get more corner speed and not worrying about trying to get my knee down.
Old 19-Jul-2004, 11:46
Jewell

Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
now i am getting too much lean angle even though i thought i was hanging off enough (clearly not) so am now concetrating on keeping the bike more upright to get more corner speed and not worrying about trying to get my knee down.

exactly the same mate.
Old 22-Jul-2004, 14:57
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Well, it would appear that, technically speaking, I got my knee down for the first time, today. The very slightest of grazes has appeared on my right slider and I never felt a thing! There was not even an angelic fanfare to announce it.
Oh, the disappointment ...
Old 22-Jul-2004, 15:01
500SD

Mood: Christ been away too long....
I just use 'me arse cheeks....

Is that big dog on the shoulders of the little dog, Loz? If so that really is cruel....

[Edited on 22-7-2004 by fatduke11111]
Old 22-Jul-2004, 15:48
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Mr Duke, I don't interfere with the canine heirarchy - it's more than my life's worth! And don't be fooled, little Millie runs the show, Nuphar and I are just foot soldiers.

(You should see them performing on the trapeze - outstanding)

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit