Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 19-Jul-2004, 18:18
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
As there's no chance of me ever racing her, I think I'll go for the 749R solution, thanks Jools.

I can see it being a bit more difficult to bleed as the air will naturally trap at the top of the loop, but some quick bleeding should do the trick.

Shame about the Dot4 fluid as I used Motul's RBF600 in my landy around south america and it's superb, if bloody pricey. Mind you she did weigh over 3 tons and there were hills where I though it was worth every dollar..

Cheers,

Ali
Old 21-Jul-2004, 16:01
Ducati Meccanica

Having had a look at:

http://217.199.188.40/xmb/viewthread...=2759#pid21656

It seems that Dot 5.1 is perfectly OK.

Without wanting to start this debate all over again, has anyone got any more recent info that contradicts this, or can I go ahead with 5.1 in everything (front/rear/clutch)?

Jools: ordered the setup your suggested direct from Goodridge this morning. Made to order and ready in 3 days. They knew exactly which banjos, I just supplied the length of the caliper-to-caliper line. Can't wait

Cheers,

Ali

[Edited on 21-7-2004 by ali]
Old 21-Jul-2004, 19:02
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Shell Advance Brake Plus is the approved brake fluid for Ducati and is a DOT 5.1
It's the Dot 5 you have to stay away from, unless your lines, seals etc can handle it.
As well as the above tips on bleeding, once you've done the first fillon the resorvoir, work the lever a little to get any bubble out of the pipe that connects to the master cylinder. It'll get the fluid in the pipes quicker.
Filling a new system always takes longer than a fluid change, so stick with it and you'll be OK.
Once finished, leave the bike on the sidestand, bars turned so the master cylinder is high and then cable tie the brake lever back.
The pressure will squeeze any air out into the res'. You'll also see if there are any leaks
Old 21-Jul-2004, 23:35
Ducati Meccanica

Top man Nelly.

Like the cable tie trick, will definitely use it. Not sure how I'll get the air out from the caliper-to-caliper line, probably just by pumping loads through in a short space of time. Could also take the l/h caliper off and hold it above the r/h one with the nipple at the top.

Cheers,

Ali

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit