Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 16-Jul-2004, 16:26
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
help - video posting!!

how can I post a video? Or can someone host one? approx 48mb in size.
Ta
Old 16-Jul-2004, 18:03
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
easiest way is to host it somewhere else and post a link on here i know someone can do it on here as i have seen it ! could have been WJB but can't be sure
Old 20-Jul-2004, 22:11
MotoGP God

guess I'll have to bin it then
Old 20-Jul-2004, 22:27
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Don't you have a sack full of free web space with your ISP bradders?
Old 20-Jul-2004, 22:45
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Bradders,

Problem with video is the pure size of the Mpeg or AVI file. A decent quality (i.e. in terms of resolution) 90 second video clip can be in excess of 14Mb depending on the Video Codec used. For that you'd need a good chunk of webspace (far and above that offered FOC by most ISP's with your normal monthly fee).

If you have webspace sorted then it's pretty easy to post the link to the video location.

You need to use the correct BB code definitions to get the link to work and thus allow people to download the video clip.

The attachment is an example of what you need to type into your thread text. Wherever you type that BB code is where the hyperlink to your video file will appear

Once people click on the hyperlink in your posted thread, they'll get the standard Microsoft download box asking them where tthey want to save the file/video.

After they've downloaded it they should be able to play the video in the relevant software (i.e. Windows Media Player, RealOne or Quicktime).

Only problem they may have is if like I have done in the past, you used a special codec to form your video file and people who download it DON'T have the same codec on their PC's. In that case all they'll get is sound and no video until they can get hold of the codec.

Hope this helps. Should get you started.......

P.S. the other and perhaps more simple way might be to just use the 'attachment' box that appears when you type a thread onto the board and point it to the locaiton on your C: Drive where you've stored you video and pick the video filename as your 'attached' file (as I have done below). Never tried it with video but might work.
Old 21-Jul-2004, 07:29
Webteam

Important !!

Please don't put videos as attachments on the board - this will put severe strain upon the message board software and will result in us having to delete the attachment !

The best way is the way Bradders describes - as a link to another website space.

Although we have the physical space on our server to hold the file, each download would eat into our monthly allowance of bandwidth, so I can't really make an offer even to host such large files

Eamonn.
Old 21-Jul-2004, 11:32
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by NBs996
Don't you have a sack full of free web space with your ISP bradders?

probably mate but havent a clue how to use it
Old 21-Jul-2004, 23:28
Big Twin

I can host, and squash to a smaller DIVX if you like. Edit it, tweak it, stick a soundtrack on it etc, etc, etc......

Let me know if you want to do this and I'll U2U my address to you, since I'm just around the corner, or I can pick it up sometime.

This is my first onboard cam attempt squashed to 12Mb, from some really daft size as an example. You may recognise the road

http://www.chathamclose.com/pics/test.avi

Jason
Old 23-Jul-2004, 11:36
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_S
I can host, and squash to a smaller DIVX if you like. Edit it, tweak it, stick a soundtrack on it etc, etc, etc......

Let me know if you want to do this and I'll U2U my address to you, since I'm just around the corner, or I can pick it up sometime.

This is my first onboard cam attempt squashed to 12Mb, from some really daft size as an example. You may recognise the road

Cool - thanks I'll do that.

You just know after all this it wont be worth it.......

http://www.chathamclose.com/pics/test.avi

Jason

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit