Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 27-Apr-2005, 18:16

I could do with DCR's details - bike model, reg number or name etc to find out the full story - which I will happily reply to.

Normally this will happen when a customer buys a bike in '03 and wishes it to be registered in '04. This, as you can imagine, is pretty common as you can (1) save money by buying at the right time of year and (2) still get an '04 bike - obviously the bike will still be a '03 model tho.

As I say, get me details or could DCR privately email me and I'll help where poss (aftersales@fyldesuperbikes.co.uk) and I'll post the reply...

Thanks...
Old 27-Apr-2005, 18:24
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Rushjob
Quote:
Unfortunately these people do not share their praise onto forums as they are too busy enjoying their bikes!
Next time you type something, deselect condescending mode first!
Either that or get to know what this forum is about.
Check out the existing dealer ratings on the site maybe?
I think you'll find that praise is given on here when and where it's due.
The flip side of that is thatwe also warn our mates about problems in order that a potential customer makes an informed decision where to take a bike.
There are a number of Ducati dealer and service outlets who only seem to get positive comments, I wonder why that is?
Effective customer service maybe?
There are constructive ways to enter a dialogue with people.
As a supposed customer service champion within your organisation, I'd expect that to be a basic tenet of your job description.

Amen to that my brother!!

If I was aftersales manager of a ducati dealership I wouldn't come onto the most active ducati forum in the country and say what you've just said! Sheesh!
Old 27-Apr-2005, 18:25

03/04?

Yep, aftersales@fyldesuperbikes.co.uk comes directly to me.
Old 27-Apr-2005, 18:39
Big Twin

Hi Robbie, Thanks for taking the time to reply to this post.

I have no problems at all with you replying to what I have said on here. It would only be fair to allow you to have your say regarding the matters I have raised in this post. It would be a little undemocratic of myself and the other people here that have raised concerns about the level of service we receive if we did not allow you the opportunity to reply.

If there is anything you dispute in my post I would love to hear it, I am sure anyone else following this would too.

I do realise that busy times and waiting for parts etc do account for many of your problems, I am as I said in the service industry myself and face these problems myself. However if one of my customers finds themselves with a machine out of order for more than an hour or two I find myself either losing the customer for good or having to give him a period of free rent etc to retain their custom. If you find dealing with motorcyclists demanding you should try keeping the committees of working mens clubs happy!

I am glad you think that the sharing of opinions of dealer service is a good idea on this site, as there certainly seems to be plenty of people ready to say what they feel.

As for voicing my opinions before the issue was resolved with yourselves, The reason I had done so was because I wanted peoples thoughts and advice on what was an ongoing situation! The service I was receiving was certainly not what I expected form a main dealer, and I wanted to know if I was alone in my expectations.

I had read a number of negative discussions regarding the level of service you had given other people here. But as I had not had a reason to complain myself over the past 3 years with my 996s and my previous service on the multistrada I decided that there should be no problem.

In fact if you decide to look through my past posts I have actually recommended your company! The following is taken from a post in April 2004

'I also recommend anyone to deal with Dave Paterson at Ducati/Preston/Manchester/Fylde Superbikes etc. Both times I have purchased a bike from him he has done me a deal I have been more than happy with'

I also put a similar reply on a thread on Multistrada.net round about the same time.

So I hope you do not think I have it in for your company in any way because I havent!

Could you really say you would have been happy with the service I received had you been in my shoes?

Regarding collecting my bike, I will have to come for it on Thursday now as I am finding it very hard at the moment to be able to arrange a lift over at a time that suits myself and the person bringing me. I had provisionaly arranged transport on both Friday and Saturday last. However that was not to be.

Thanks

Martin
Old 27-Apr-2005, 19:14
Big Twin

Also, I don't know how to a 'quote' thingy but as for the comment about being too busy out enjoying their bikes,

I WOULD LOVE TO BE OUT ENJOYING MINE!
Old 27-Apr-2005, 19:38
Big Twin

BDG and JPM, I live in Nelson Lancs just next to Burnley. My nearest dealer is Ducati Leeds about 20 miles away. I never seem to hear a bad word said about them. Likewise with Woods but they are quite a trek for me.
Old 28-Apr-2005, 10:25

Hi all, nice to see Martin has calmed down a bit now.... and I will sit down with him and explain where things appear to have gone wrong... One thing I forget to mention - at least I didn't lie at any time about what was happening. I am sure we can make it up to you Martin

I believe that Dseered has indeed spoken to Dave and his mind is at rest. I expect he will let everyone know if this is or isn't the case, but I hope all is OK. I didn't get chance to speak to DWH as he left b4 me last night and flies to Spain today.

Anyway another busy day today, so must crack on...

If I can help any of you guys in any way, drop me a line on 01253 298833 or email me at aftersales@fyldesuperbikes.co.uk (checked 9am everyday). Don't forget mention the site and I will happily give you 10% off and free P+P where I can.

bye4now

Robbie.
Old 29-Apr-2005, 13:39

Hi DCR.

Having spoken to Ducati, your bike wasn't delivered to FSB until July 2003, so clearly the PDI date is definately a mistake (as it is months before we even got it). As per my email reply, I would like to replace your warranty book and correct the dates. It was dated 03 by accident as we were only just at the start of 04.

Robbie
Old 14-May-2005, 17:04
Big Twin

Robbie,
are you still keeping an eye on this site? I hope so as I am still awaiting your call re the 2005 seats that you said you would price up for me! I was hoping you would actually contact me with a price that would maybe as you put it "make it up to me" Still waiting!?

Quote:
Originally posted by fyldesuperbikes
Hi all, nice to see Martin has calmed down a bit now.... and I will sit down with him and explain where things appear to have gone wrong... One thing I forget to mention - at least I didn't lie at any time about what was happening. I am sure we can make it up to you Martin

Also I have been wanting to ask you a couple of things about my bike that have puzzled me since I collected it after its service.

Firstly, the exhaust is blowing like feck from the front cylinder pipe! Is this the gasket/seal you were waiting for which you since told me was fitted? The bike is popping and crackling on the overun and the sheer force of gas escaping is nearly enough to blow the bike over on its already precarious sidestand.

Secondly, what on earth was my bike cleaned with at your place? Whatever was used has removed most of the bronze coloured coating on the exhaust pipes that the MS have. There are bits of the coating left on in inaccesible places where whoever did it could not spray the acid or whatever they used! My bike was parked next to another Multistrada the other day and its owner asked me why I had removed the coating.

Also whatever was used has been splashed on a number of other parts of the bike and discoloured/damaged them. for example the timing belt covers have a multitude of cloudy white patches on them that will not wash or polish off. The cap on the rear brake reservoir is now white instead of black! Likewise the breather from the crankcase. The substance used has also left the black plastic wheel/tyre valve screw on caps white.

A mate of mine reckons that it looks like a very fierce alloy wheel cleaning solution as been used. This would certainly seem to be the case as I remember many years ago wrecking an alloy wheel on a car by leaving a similiar product on the wheel for too long.

Please please do not try to insinuate that I may caused this myself as I only use soap and water on the bike and wd40 etc for the wheels.

I will post some picture so you can see what I mean.
Old 14-May-2005, 18:24
Big Twin

Hi again, I thought I would remove the exhaust from the forward cylinder to see if there was anything that I could do to stop the excessive blowing from the short pipe from the cylinder to the pipe that runs down the side of the engine.

As I am due out on the bike at 7am I needed to do something even if it was a temporary fix. If you recall I was told that the delay in servicing my bike was due to the fact that this section of pipe needed 2 new o ring seals as they had disintegrated when the pipe had to be removed as part of the service. I was told by Robbie that the seals had been fitted and was duly charged for them £2.90 + vat.

I enclose a picture of the o ring which looks more like a u ring! Can anybody please comment on whether it is usual for a "brand new" o ring to be in this condition 2 weeks or so after fitting. Or does anyone think like I do that the original was put back in as a bodge to enable the bike to be returned quickly to a customer that was already irate.

Sorry bout picture quality but I can assure you the o ring is fecked.