Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 21-Apr-2005, 23:23
Mille

Mood: starting to feel better
Quote:
Originally posted by Jayse

Are you sure you're talking to her nicely?

[Edited on 21-4-2005 by Jayse]

I hope she starts talking nicely to me very soon

[Edited on 21-4-2005 by Jamcoly]
Old 22-Apr-2005, 08:29
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamcoly
I hope she starts talking nicely to me very soon

"We" got as far as raising the ride height on the rose joints about half an inch but all of James' efforts to get anywhere near the rear shocker were thwarted by the fasteners of everything surrounding it having an unending desire to stay attached to the bike
Thanks again for your stirling efforts James, much more acceptable ground clearance and knee down cornering confidence round Havant college roundabout!
See you Sunday
Old 22-Apr-2005, 17:58
Montjuic

Mood: Ecstatic
Hmmm, that'll be those italian type fasteners then, just got back from fetching 749, it's lurvely! Must just get used to steering it now, loads of under steer, but tis me not the bike!
Old 24-Apr-2005, 20:28
Ducati in my Blood

Hmmm! Dynojet kit

Many thanks to James for his time, efforts and endless patience fiddling with my carbs today to fit the replacement needles, springs, washers and jets. Such small insignificant parts, how much of a difference could they really make Whoa there neddy
On another tack
Shame the jet kit was the only part of the large order I placed on Wednesday (with 1 to 2 day delivery eh!) to have arrived in time to be worked on this weekend.
That's Cadwell out the window for sure especially as one of the footpeg fixing bolt sockets was found to be a nice circular shape where it seems someone has previously had problems getting it off,
and are the socket heads in the lower RH side footpeg bolts supposed to be a different size to the LH side

[Edited on 24-4-2005 by psychlist]
Old 25-Apr-2005, 01:09
Montjuic

Mood: Ecstatic
I think perhaps my service chappy took em off when he first fit the pipes, he thought spacers would be needed, and they weren't. Didn't notice the rounding of them tho! Made of cheese these bolts! I think the LH and RH hand ones are differnt, RH ones certainly longer as they bolt into the engine block through the side stand I think. I have a scematic somewhere, or download one from the ducati site?
Old 29-Apr-2005, 23:38
Ducati in my Blood

I\'ll be ready for Castle Combe!!

Sorry I can't be at Cadwell on teh DD racer this weekend but I'm scrounging a lift up with Mrs Bradders (oh alright then Bradders too!) to gawk in awe at the grid going round the first hairpin in formation so I'll wish you all luck and see you there

Got a fair deal of work done on the bike today, having received my box of bits from Stuart at Spareshack I paid a visit to big Steve at Wraysbury Tyres in Chertsey who not only supplied and fitted DD regulation tyres but also crash bungs and shark fin chain guard for me, excellent chap, thanks Steve .
Lovely ride back across country to scrub the tyres in and spent a very pleasant afternoon fitting some of my Spareshack bits, thanks Stu and James came over this evening to do help change the chain and sprockets, didnt realise you need to grind off the rivet heads before you can crack th eold chain off tho
we got plenty done tho, just leaves belts, oil and filter change; sort out the current bellypan; fit a set of catch tanks and still gotta change chain and sprockets all before Cstle Combe. I really admire the speed with which you guys have got your bikes ready for the series, mine is still a basic 583 road Monster but we're getting there.

Her's a pic of Team Psychlist Racing's pit crew in action prepping the standby DD entry
Old 29-Apr-2005, 23:42
Ducati in my Blood

Also got my race licence from the ACU today, along with my 2lt AFFF extinguisher (£27 all in) so everything is coming together, if I don't see you at Cadwell over the weekend give us a shout at Castle Combe
Old 30-Apr-2005, 00:58
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Looking forward to seeing you on the DD grid at CC, my bike could do with a few more allies in its war on the 620/670 army. Mind you if i'm totally out gunned I'm changing sides.

See you and Bradders at Cadwell, will be leaving in the van in 8 hours
Old 13-May-2005, 23:49
Ducati in my Blood

James has been \"at it\" again!

Every golden touch makes the bike go faster or turn quicker or even more stable when cranked over, amazing

This time he even put his foot in it
Old 13-May-2005, 23:51
Ducati in my Blood

GRP is just another of his many talents!

Specially modified Imola bellypan becomes catch tray! Good eh!