Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Oct-2005, 23:08
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by GARDS636
Thanks Gizmo, found them really friendly and not like other dealers. The first service will be done before it is sold. What sort of price should I be looking at for the 749? And will try for extra's.

Only problem with selling mine private is time. I bought it at beginning of year for £4400 with service and a few extras but carnt see it being snapped up with winter coming and the new more desirable 636 models going so cheap. Would be happy-ish with £3000 for it p/x. Would like to get a new bike whilst dealers are slow to sell so be a bit cheaper ready for next year.

i dunno bout 749 check out other dealer prices and see how it compares, all private sales wil be lower. as you say its slow out there, if its more than say woods/duc aylesbury etc are charging for a similar bike tell them, then play it cool, maybe let them come back to you. they'ed rather not have a px at this time of year but p/ex makes it easy for u, i hate selling private, too much time wasted, risks on payment etc etc, i'm a dealers dream customer
Old 08-Oct-2005, 23:14

Mood: HAPPY
Been ****ed about in past selling private and dont like private viewings at my home or place of work letting 'buyers' know were its kept. Dealers cost more but have advantages I think. Will check out Ducati Ayelsbury

Cheers
Old 08-Oct-2005, 23:19
Mille

aye up paul you tried motorapido for a deal ? i tried everywhere , and i mean everywhere !! best deal by far was wilf at motorapido , it was even worth my while to do the 500 mile round trip to get my ped !!!
ace
Old 08-Oct-2005, 23:25

Evening Ace.
Where are they based?
Old 08-Oct-2005, 23:27
Big Twin

Mood: High as a kite!
Welcome to the club,mine's a Gin & Tonic with Lime.Pretty much the same as everyone else with regards to dealers.It's really is a buyers market,especially at this time of year,you should be able to get a better deal than the one you've been offered.If your prepared to travel,just keep ringing round the dealers until one turns up.
Old 08-Oct-2005, 23:30
Mille

there based down south , but i,m based in yorks , an it was well worth my while to do the miles , great team to deal !! def give wilf a ring ,
Old 08-Oct-2005, 23:31

Had a quick look at woods. They had a 749BP 370miles 2005 model for £7999, and compared to Aylesbury dont look that bad. But like everyone says need to be looking or pushing for a much better deal...

Thanks for everyones help...
Old 09-Oct-2005, 09:36
Mille

Mood: I started life with nothing and still have most of it left
I bought my 749s 05 model 12 months old for £6.400 from Chorley Yamaha. It seems that non Ducati dealers are better priced on Duc's as they want to move them on more quickley. When I last looked they had an 04 749 in as well. The other dealer that had a 749 was Hunts Manchester. Quite a few of my maters have dealt with them and recon there brilliant.
Both have good websites
Good hunting
Old 09-Oct-2005, 09:43
Big Twin

My brother bought an 05 749bp for just over £7000 about 4 months ago from our local dealer.
I would push any dealer hard for a deal especially at this time of year, if they are charging top price for thier bikes yours is worth top book, if theirs are a good price you may expect a little less for yours.
Most dealers have between £1000 - £2000 profit in a bike so they do have a lot of room to negotiate, especially when you are buying an expensive bike from them.
Old 09-Oct-2005, 12:33
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
Quote:
Originally posted by Dseered
Very good, I have taken my mate on the back over to Croft and Shaz has been out aswell, both found it very comfy, power was still plentiful and as stock mine handled better two up !

Ill second that !!

/ian