Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Sep-2005, 00:37
GTL

Mood: I want to come home ::(:but then
I've had the Techtronics shifter now for about a year. It's got to be one of the best mods on the bike. We tried a few German versions but they were unreliable in the wet. Yes, it's a good bit of kit. It's up there with the slipper clutch and I use mine on the road as well. But like Butch890 says, the rev's need to up in the 5-6000 for it to be smooth
Old 27-Sep-2005, 00:46
Mille

Mood: Sparks will fly. If it keeps on
I have been speaking to a man earlier on the phone who said that you can still use the clutch as long as you set it to about 6000 rpm. So you could ride around town normal and then once giving it the berrys it would then come in to play. i need to see one on the bike. Power commander show the unit but not on the bike. they say this model mounts to the frame so could be intresting.

[Edited on 26-9-2005 by The Big Red One]
Old 27-Sep-2005, 01:00
GTL

The Techtronics comes with a switch. So when you don't want to use it you just switch it off
Old 27-Sep-2005, 11:48
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Got the same JHP/Techtronics on my 999, use it all the time to be honest, had a similar item on my 998S, but have now switched to the race pattern on the 999, brilliant bit of kit to be honest.

As has been said it is switcheable so you can turn it on or off.

I was speaking to JHP re:- dynojet q/shifter via my PCIII but he/they said they've had loads of problems trying to get them working consistently
Old 27-Sep-2005, 12:07
Big Twin

Just to give the other side of the argument...my SP came with a techtronics QS fitted, and after about 6 months, I removed it.

As said, unless you are giving it the berries, it really isn't any use. On the track...I can see its benifits...perhaps...but if you are talking about riding it on the road, where lets face it, you can't give it a handfull everywhere, then the changes from it will be clunky and jerky (technical terms!), and cannot be doing your gearbox any favours at all.

Horses for courses I guess.
Old 27-Sep-2005, 13:18
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Wouldn't use it one on the road, wouldn't race without one.

At the very least make sure you get one with a switch. If you don't go on trackdays or race, you might find it'll be mainly switched off after the initial "it's new/must use it" period.
Old 27-Sep-2005, 22:49
Mille

Mood: Sparks will fly. If it keeps on
Techtronics shifter will be the way i go. So i will ring JHP tommorow to get some more info and prices. It my birthday today so i will treat the Ducati to another new toy.

[Edited on 27-9-2005 by The Big Red One]
Old 27-Sep-2005, 23:33
GTL

Quote:
Originally posted by The Big Red One
Techtronics shifter will be the way i go. So i will ring JHP tommorow to get some more info and prices. It my birthday today so i will treat the Ducati to another new toy.

[Edited on 27-9-2005 by The Big Red One]

Happy Birthday. Unselfish as ever, giving YOUR present to the bike ArHHHH