Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 26-Aug-2005, 16:45
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
i have to say generally estate agents are a pile of pooh.
Old 26-Aug-2005, 16:48
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I've been with the Halifax for about 20 years, never had any problems, nothing which caused any problems at least, did have a brief spell with NatWest before that and quickly moved
Old 26-Aug-2005, 16:53

I had to borrow a couple of grand when I bougt my St, just to cover the money that I would get when I sold my old bike privately.

I phoned the bank who said the only thing I could do is take out a loan over a one year term, etc etc. I begrudgingly accepted this position as I only wanted a months over draft extension.

The next day I went into the branch to sign the paper work. The manager went through the details with me and explained that she thought it was daft to sign me up to a loan. Turns out her and her Hubby are bikers and she gave me the temporary overdraft I wanted on the condition that I drive past the bank the following week at opening time on me new bike.
Old 26-Aug-2005, 17:38
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Hello

Estate agents well I am in process of buying and selling, so for the moment they are all the "nicest people in the world" bitting my lip.

The truth - " they have been winding me up for nearly a year now with nothing more than their half truths" and have caused alot of upset in the process, but I guess thats what I am paying them for.

But to be fair the board is up as sold so watch this space . . . . . maybe . . . . . . . . . .

regards

TopiToo
Old 26-Aug-2005, 18:55
Big Twin

Mood: High as a kite!
My 'dad' is an Estate Agent and a complete and utter ****
Old 26-Aug-2005, 19:13
500SD

Mood: On top of the world
Dumped Barclays for Nationwide, now very happy. When I call, I talk to the manager, and things get done. Also open on Saturdays (Barclays isn't) so I can get in if I need to.
Old 26-Aug-2005, 19:21
Mille

Mood: Replacing 999...
I work for a bank - A major interntional bank so nothing to do with the UK high street banks.
I first started banking in the late 80's and worked for Coutts & Co. That was when banks were banks, you could walk into your branch, or pick up the phone and speak to a cashier and so on.
Since then, although I have absolutely nothing to do with the retail side of banking, I am almost embaressed by the truth in the comments from you all above.
I have tried a number of UK banks for my domestic bank account and the last one - Citibank - I came so close to taking them to the FSA.
I have an account with the Halifax, they are good for online banking, bit of a pain with call centre but all in all I think they are OK.
I dont know any UK bank that I would call good. I dont know what Coutts are like these days - I am not rich enough to bank with them.
As I said I find the Halifax the best of a bad bunch.
Please - no hate mail just coz I work for a bank!!
Old 26-Aug-2005, 19:27
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Have been with HSBC since 1968 gulp, Bank is getting worse & worse.

Can only talk to someone in India and have been told that I am not allowed to talk to any member of staff, at my branch, by phone!

Recently had to transfer some money urgently by phone and needed to talk to a human being in england..no luck, so this person could not get keys to a new property.

I have even been thretened with court action over non paymeny of council tax because the direct debit mandate, made to be paid on the first of each month, was not being paid untill the 9th of each month.

The call centre in India kept telling me it takes nine days to transfer money on a direct debit.

: flame:

I hate banks, specially HSBC................................and get this, if I walk into my bank and pay money into my account, CASH, I`m tolf it takes seven days to be credited to my account.................... where`s my gun I`m gonna shoot a bank manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 26-Aug-2005, 19:29
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Jesus, KP works for a bank, throw him out of the club or let me shoot him!
Old 26-Aug-2005, 19:35
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally posted by rockhopper
First Direct have been okay for me.

Same here, but they're slipping (had to listen to 15 mins call waiting t'other day. It's a phone bank... ).

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit