Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 15-Feb-2012, 22:04

Desmo due stuff

Hi everyone,

i'm new to the DSC and am looking to do desmo due next year. I have a friend racing this year so will be helping out at meetings while building my bike up, i do have a couple of questions to start with:

1, Do i have to use the standard clutch master cylinder? the regs say it should be hydraulic, but thats all i can understand, also are braided hoses ok?

2, My engine number is missing, Don't worry its not been filed off! The casting surface is still there, so either its had a new case, a new engine or maybe they just forgot to stamp it? The guy at the course in rugby said it doesnt matter if there is no number, as long as there is no evidence of tampering. It would be nice to get some confirmation on this. Can you get anyone to stamp a number on? I have a number on the v5.

cheers

mowglistromboli
Old 15-Feb-2012, 22:37
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Welcome, good to see more new entrants. Don't be shy; come say hi.

You can use any master cylinder, latest brembo whatever

Think (check ACU regs on their site) you're ok providing it hasn't been tampered.
Old 15-Feb-2012, 22:51
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowglistromboli

1, Do i have to use the standard clutch master cylinder? the regs say it should be hydraulic, but thats all i can understand, also are braided hoses ok?
No you don't have to use the standard Mastercylinders, be it Brake or Clutch. So its a Yes to any Mastercylinder - But a NO to converting to Cable Clutch
And its a Yes to Braided lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowglistromboli
2, My engine number is missing, Don't worry its not been filed off! The casting surface is still there, so either its had a new case, a new engine or maybe they just forgot to stamp it? The guy at the course in rugby said it doesnt matter if there is no number, as long as there is no evidence of tampering. It would be nice to get some confirmation on this. Can you get anyone to stamp a number on? I have a number on the v5.

The guy on the course has given you good information.
I would advise against trying to get a number stamped on as they will then look tampered with. If they look as new unstamped cases then that is how I would leave them.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 16-Feb-2012, 09:34

Thanks that's good to know.