Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 02-Aug-2005, 09:54
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
World Trials - Hawkstone Park

Michelle and I went to the World Trials at Hawkstone Park on sunday and I must say that it was one of the best biking events that I've ever been to. Those guys are awesome in what they can do with their bikes, seeing them go up slopes which they couldn't even walk up because they were vertical - they would have needed ropes and crapmons to get up!! The precision is awesome and was summed up by hearing Martin Lampkin (Dougie's dad) telling him to move the rear wheel "one inch to the left, now that's perfect" as he prepared for a climb over a slippery root to then turn immediately left in a space slightly shorter than the bike, before another climb up a slippery rockface - awesome!! If you get the chance go and see these guys.
Old 02-Aug-2005, 10:49
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Not been to Hawkstone for a while, should really buy a dirtbike mag and find out when the next MX event is
Old 02-Aug-2005, 13:17
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I agree with you there Webby. Until a few years ago I was competing in the old codgers class twin-shock trials on my old Montesa 348 (I think it's a 1977 or 78 bike). I've still got the bike: Note to self - must get it back running as a winter project and do a few more events.

I enjoy doing trials a lot, even though am decidedly average at it, so a few years back I too went to Hawkestone Park for the British round to watch the real experts in action. You are right, their bike control is simply mind blowing and has to be seen to be believed.

I particularly liked one section where the start gate was about 2 feet in front of a near vertical rock face about 10 feet high and the guys were just firing themselves up this big slab of rock from a standing start. Awesome.
Old 03-Aug-2005, 00:18
888 at Last !!!

Mood: IF IN DOUBT..GET BLAGGING.
Went to watch a trial and sidecar event sunday,mate of mine used to compete a while back and has decided to give it another bash,i foolishly have agreed to passenger for him.Got a Gas Gas 320 and chair,awesome bit of kit,been out practicing a few times,very hard work !.Entered into a trial september 4th...

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit