Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Jul-2006, 11:01

Mood: Peachy!
new guy!

Hi folks, just found the site and must say i'm impressed! would be really good to get involved with like minded duke fans, especially of the SS variety!

I've been crazy about these bikes ever since I can remember and have just bought my 2nd 600ss.. I can't speak highly enough of them but I guess you people are the same!

It would be great to come along to the SS gathering at cornerspeed if thats ok?

Does anyone know if there is a ducati group local to the northampton area for ride outs etc?

finally, a little help would be great... I'm having some probs with my idle... at start up it's running fine, but once its warmed up and you come to a stop it idles around 3000. If u dip the clutch at stand still, the revs drop to normal again. I thought it was just a sticky throttle cable, but the twist grip snaps fully shut no problem. Any ideas much appreciated!!
Old 19-Jul-2006, 12:33
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Hello Crash and welcome...

Look out for Beds/Herts/Cambs/ Northants (BHCN) rideouts. There's one on Saturday up to the V-Twin festival, see that thread for details.

Mines a Guiness...better make it an extra cold one

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 19-Jul-2006, 12:47
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hi Crash! - not sure about the handle but welcome.

Everyone is welcome at the Cornerspeed gathering, I just hope the recent weather holds on for us.

Not sure about the idle problem - in my experience they can idle a fair bit faster when warm, I've set mine so its about 1000 rpm after a quick warm so then = 11/1200 after a 'rapid' ride

Wouldnt of thought it was ignition so carbs would my most likely suspect.

Cheers - Frank
Old 19-Jul-2006, 14:19
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
if you like 600ss i have one that i race with a few others in the club you should come along to the next desmodue race at donington park on the 13th aug
Old 19-Jul-2006, 15:46
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
hello crash and welcome--you have found the right place for help, advice, rideouts, and everything else that you need ducati wise!!!!
i have a 600 with exactly the same problem. i have stripped the carbs and balanced them searched for air leaks changed the throttle cables etc but it has made no difference- the problem only seems to occur after a more spirited ride as frank mentions it may be that the engine/carbs getting hot- mine settles down after about 15 seconds anyway so i have learnt to live with it and dont worry about it any more--
As DC says see if you can make it to a DD round well worth seeing these little ducatis getting thrashed,er, i mean raced around the track but be care full where you leave yer bike
As you are up at the virtual bar i'll join you in an ice cold Tooheys New(i wish)
Dave
Old 19-Jul-2006, 15:57

ok to explain the handle lets just say that I had an unlucky year in '05 when I was taken out by a car on 3 seperate occasions...

1 new set of bodywork wasn't too bad for the 1st one, the 2nd time i needed a whole new front end so nicked the front off a 900ss from a breakers to get the fully adjustable forks and twin discs (M1 breakers nr Dunstable are really good btw!) but the fatal one was the 3rd 'mishap' which resulted in a cracked engine case and bent frame! 9 months later i'm finally back on a duke. At least i've got a donor bike now for most spare parts!

The run this saturday sounds like it will be amazing with the festival, unfortunately i've got plans I can't change... i'll have to check things out further in advance!!

I've heard about the desmodue racing series as well, in 05 I was following #111 Antony's blog with more attention than is healthy! I'll see you at the next race hopefully!
Old 19-Jul-2006, 16:04

Frank - thanks for the advice. The strange thing about this prob is that the bike will idle at the correct speed - when it misbehaves and sticks at 3000 I just have to let the clutch out a bit at a stand still with the brakes on to get it down. Once the revs are down it will happily purr away at 1100 even in todays weather after an hours ride! really strange...
Old 19-Jul-2006, 17:52
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Come on guys ....It's a Ducati.....They're supposed to do things like this.....It's called '' character '' !

Welcome crash. While you are at the virtual bar I'll have a southern comfort ( no ice ) thanks.
Old 19-Jul-2006, 18:03
Mille

Mood: looking to move in a new direction...
Welcome mate nice to see another ss owner!

I'll have a very cold Stella while your at the bar!

ant
Old 19-Jul-2006, 18:15
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
hello chap
and welcome aboard
lots of ride outs in the area
as jools says look for BHCN r/outs but also drop fordie a PM / email and he'll put you on the need to know list