Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 16-Mar-2011, 19:44

Decided to tidy up the garage some more today so i built myself some cupboards......

BEFORE :

AFTER :

Happy with the results, everything is put away nice and tidy now....

cheers

Andy
Old 15-Apr-2011, 10:55

I fitted a 6000k HID kit today with a slimline ballast, just fitted to the low beam as it's so bright then High beam isn't required.

I mounted my ballast here....

The wiring is a "plug and play" affair with no wiring modifications at all...

NOTE : MAKE SURE WHEN YOU FIT THE HID BULB THAT YOU TWIST IT FULLY ROUND WHEN FITTING OTHERWISE THE BEAM PATTERN WILL BE DISTORTED.

Also did a little mod to make the front headlight look red (will do the high beam later this week), the modification does not affect the colour of the light from the headlight at all.

It actually looks a lot better with the naked eye, the camera doesn't pick it up very well.

I decided to make my own tail tidy to clean up the rear end a little, the rear lights have now been lifted a little and moved back to put them a little more snug at the rear end, the number plate bracket was made by me and now it's much neater, i've just got to fit the led number plate lights now.

FROM THIS....

TO THIS....

I did this modification a couple of weeks ago and have ridden the bike for a few hundred hard miles, there is no heat problems and the lights are not affected at all, i've kept the original heat shields under the rear lights.

Last edited by Mr_Duke : 15-Apr-2011 at 17:02.
Old 15-Apr-2011, 17:03

I also wired up a charger point for the optimate charger, i used a "female" 12v socket which is wired to the battery and i've modified my optimate charger so that it has a "male" 12v socket.

So there's no need to remove the fairing at all when charging the battery, a simple mod which saves hassle when needing to charge the battery.

cheers

Andy
Old 06-Jul-2011, 08:57
Bikes: 1098.special!!

Very nice looking bike..
Old 14-Mar-2012, 15:15
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Fair to middling
Its a beaut