Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 21-Jul-2006, 11:31
Big Twin

Mood: http://www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksy2
Very true mate.. very true indeed.... However... lets face it, the racers on the whole are not happy with how NE are playing ball...

Would at least be worth a try ?

The way i see it, even if DD gets enough from 2 grids, NE are still going to change the rules week by week...

If the racers can get enough sigs in place as 'definates' for next season for 2 grids, take that proposal to the other clubs, they may consider it...

Much as DP are full... they have a couple of grids undersubscribed, i think they may be tempted.... NGRRC, dunno.... BEMSEE, i doubt they'd play....

But it's worth an ask at least ?

for me it would have to be DP or NGRRC...CANT see Bemsee being any better then New era...
still dont think they will get two grids for next year!!!

would be a good idea to get enough sigs in place first......
they will need to accept its going to be a mix grid.or in with a diffance class!
Old 21-Jul-2006, 17:36
500SD

I just want to race really but as a novice running at the back two race starts (I'm really suffering at the starts) seems a better bet. However one long race is not the end of the world as it enables me to get a rythm going and learn the track - the one frustrating aspect of a short race.

I know this don't help the big picture that much. I would go with a majority vote of what the DD riders want.
Old 21-Jul-2006, 17:46
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
I'm not doing Donington, I WAS looking forward to it after sorting out a trackday and everything enabling me to get to know a track beforehand, but I'm not doing it with only 1 race.

I'll be at the Donington trackday on the 12th still, having FUN, and have booked a trackday at Cadwell on wednesday for £89 instead of the race on the 13th.

Shall see everyone on the 12th hopefully, might stop and watch for the 13th but I doubt it

More people that pull out Donington the better in my opinion, we'll get listened to if we're united in what we want. Not just the turn up and race anyway attitude as we'll carry on getting shafted
Old 22-Jul-2006, 19:10
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Skids, ever the voice of reason.
Is it too late to get this DD round moved elsewhere, where it isnt a superclub round?
Also, remember that under JP's new rules, if the red flags come out any time after half way (6 laps in this new scenario) then the race is over.
Long way, lots of money for a possible 6 laps.

If this does go ahead like they propose then be very afraid of everyone else in the race, if you are a faller needing a red flag out
Old 22-Jul-2006, 19:17
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
So who does run the Desmo Due Series ? the DSC or New Era if its the later then thats not what I signed up for.

Franco if you get lapped on lap 6 in a long race you will spend the rest of the race looking for Blue flags, moving off line and looking over your shoulder, what is that going to teach any novice, and will be a bit scarey if its a wet race like last year. Given 2 races you have a second bite of the cherry where a better start and slightly quicker laps may result in you not getting lapped at all or if you do get lapped then its hopefully further into the race

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 22-Jul-2006, 19:29
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
One race format may be all well and good at BSB or even MRO level but its not best suited to club level where Novices are meant to be learning how to race

Just for the record MRO is qualifying, superpole 10-12 laps on Saturday plus two 10-12 laps on a Sunday. or at least it was last year when I was doing it.
Old 22-Jul-2006, 19:30
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
So who does run the Desmo Due Series ? the DSC or New Era if its the later then thats not what I signed up for.

Franco if you get lapped on lap 6 in a long race you will spend the rest of the race looking for Blue flags, moving off line and looking over your shoulder, what is that going to teach any novice, and will be a bit scarey if its a wet race like last year. Given 2 races you have a second bite of the cherry where a better start and slightly quicker laps may result in you not getting lapped at all or if you do get lapped then its hopefully further into the race

Kevin,

I see your point and to be honest would prefer two races (especially as i need to practice my starts). Thing is so far in the series my lap times get faster as the race goes on which is why i thought a long race might be worth a try. But yes my starts and my first couplle of laps are where I am suffering the most - so more starts a good thing!
Old 22-Jul-2006, 21:05
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
so to recap its a 12 lapper with 15 mins qual so same time on track then

but only one set of points available rather than 2 sets

but as one combined grid

and only 40 starters allowed

so some people once again might be too late to enter & will get entry back as oversubscribed or even worse have to qualify to get on the grid to start with

not being negative but this is a big change from the club meetings we did last year
Old 22-Jul-2006, 21:21
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Well from a spectators' point of view (and we go to almost all the DD rounds), we would seriously reconsider travelling miles to watch what could turn out to be 1 six lap race. This series has gone from 4 races per meet to 2 mixed grids ( and I know that insufficient entry numbers have been sighted as the reason for this) and now possibly a single race that COULD last just 6 laps

This series started to give an opportunity for DSC members to progress from trackdays to racing and in my opinion has been a fantastic success, as non racing DSC members Sandra and I have supported it as much as possible, but I'm afraid this may well be the straw that breaks the camels back. I hope that the MTRC are able to resolve this and that the series and the riders get the exposure it and they deserve.

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 22-Jul-2006, 21:24
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK
so to recap its a 12 lapper with 15 mins qual so same time on track then

but only one set of points available rather than 2 sets

but as one combined grid

and only 40 starters allowed

so some people once again might be too late to enter & will get entry back as oversubscribed or even worse have to qualify to get on the grid to start with

not being negative but this is a big change from the club meetings we did last year

If nothing goes wrong for anyone that's what we get. If it does then nothing from the hole day. And a lot of standing around or all done buy 12 midday ? and one less start, the best bit.