Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Sep-2005, 12:03
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
What you say about about Diablo's is certainly true TP. I'm on my second set now and they've stood up to trackdays very well, only a few twitches despite blatant abuse - like having to brake quite hard while still cranked over going round Cadwell to avoid slower traffic on TA4.

On a track they probably show a nice progressive degradation and just slide a little more each lap.

What I'm talking about is that, as a road tyre, they seem to last quite well for ages then suddenly wear down at a startling rate (a bit like a fuel gauge that stays on full for a hundred miles then plummets to zero). A case in point is that I went on a 250 mile rideout over to the Comfort Cafe last year with the BHC lads. Before I started I checked my Diablos and looked at the rear tyre "blimey", I thought "that rear tyre is wearing well, nearly 4000 miles on it and it's still got plenty to go". Then just 250 enthusiastic miles later it was virtually bald and definitely giving me some big twitches on the lovely twisties just before we reached our favourite pub.
Old 06-Sep-2005, 13:57

I'll throw in my two-penneth here,
just put on second set of Avon azzarro St's they work for me wet or dry
one or two up.

Pete
Old 06-Sep-2005, 15:02
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
On the advice of Pirelli, I fitted a pair of Diablo Stradas to my St4 back in March in replacement for MEZ4 and have to say the feel and grip have been superb.

I would recommend them as a good all round tyre with a lot of dry & wet grip. In addition they have tightened up the directional stability a lot.

Tyreman did me an excellent deal on them as well
Old 06-Sep-2005, 15:58
Big Twin

I got very good results on ST4s from Bridgestone BT020 (rear) and BT010 (front). They are dual compound and handle well. I ran a 180 rear on the ST4s. Mileage was good, over 5k miles from the rear and 2 rear to one front.
Old 06-Sep-2005, 19:09
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
My experiences mirror Glyn's. Very happy with the Azaro ST's on my 2001 ST4S (Since sold for a 999). Switched to 207RR's only cos I got a pair for £75. They were OK but the Avons were a better all rounder for the ST. Plus you can get a good deal on a pair. (Try BFM at Shipley, they do mail order)
Old 29-Sep-2005, 00:17
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
Richard,

I had a Diablo strada on the rear of my bike until recently. Two up it lasted just over 3k miles, which is better than the pilot sports at 2k5, and BT010s at even less

The Strada did exctly as Jools said above - looked a bit low but good enough to get me home from Germany. 150 miles later of sedate riding (nursing it) I had cord showing

I've fitted a Diablo Corsa this time around.

You rode with me earlier in the year (French trip) so know the way we ride is similar. I have never managed to get over 4k out of a rear. My best effort was 1k8 out of a BT010 (cord showing) on a vfr800

By the way, I've tried Dunlops too, but didn't like the feel of them.

Hope that helps.
Old 29-Sep-2005, 10:37
Montjuic

Mood: when am i riding next?
I ran Bridgstone 010 front 020 rear for several years on my ST2. Rear was getting 6000 miles, maybe a bit more in winter. Front about 8000, but was well shot by then

Just switched to Pirelli, Diablo front, Diablo Strada rear. They are a very different tyre, the grip is good but feel more nervous. The turn in is much quicker than the Bridgestone, suit the "S" side of the ST..!!

Off to the Ring this weekend so will see how they fair over longer distances

Ant