Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Feb-2005, 14:06
Mille

Termi fitting to a 05 749s

Anybody know a cheaper way of fitting termis to my 749s with out invalidating my warranty, price from a main dealer is in the region of £1,400.
Old 27-Feb-2005, 14:12
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
I take it that's a full system? The assymetric slip-ons should be around £1000. There is no way cheaper than that - believe me, I've looked
Old 27-Feb-2005, 14:18
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
That 54mm full termi system is quite appealing now for £900!:P
Old 27-Feb-2005, 14:24
Mille

twinfan, no thats the cost of a assymetric system for an 05 model, apprently it's a different system to the 03/04 because of the new swing arm.

Andyb, not a bad price, but, I then need a PCI + setting up which i would imagine not be far off the £1,400 mark then there is the question of any warranty issues, I maybe wrong.
Old 27-Feb-2005, 14:36
BSB Star

So which exhaust are you going to fit without setting it up then................?
Old 27-Feb-2005, 14:39
BSB Star

Who says its going to invalidate your warranty? I have a 57mm on my bike and have had warranty work done at the last service! In fact i would say theres loads on hee that have aftermarket stuff like exhausts and are still in warranty.
Dickie had a 54mm system damage his frame on his bike and warranty paid for the repair....and in red!
Old 27-Feb-2005, 14:40
Mille

the £1,400 form the dealer includes setting up on the ecu that comes supplied with the termi kit. I know your going say anybody worth there salt etc will go down the PCI route but how does this affect any warranty issues that may arise bering in mind the bike is only a few month old.
Old 27-Feb-2005, 14:53
BSB Star

I think most dealers and/or DucUK would find it difficult to argue when a bike had been set up by, and i only use this as an example, JHP or the like.
I know ive banged on before, but you dont really need the £400-700 cpu that comes with any pipes when you use a pc111. The fuelling from your std cpu is modified to suit. Even if you fitted a cpu supplied, you would still need it correcting by pc111!
Old 27-Feb-2005, 15:39
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
For £1400 for the slip-on they can do one!!! What an absolute bleedin' rip off! I thought £1000 was bad!

I don't know where you stand re. warranties and PCIIIs. Unless Ducati are very lenient, they could argue that if your motor had problems that it wasn't entirely their fault (due to the added PCIII) and fix less under warranty, or not at all. It would be dealt with on a case by case basis I guess.

Personally, I didn't want to chance my warranty so I left the bike standard. £1000 was to rich for my tastes for something as simple as a slip-on.

All Termi kits are warranty friendly, obviously, it's the PCIII that's the grey area.
Old 27-Feb-2005, 15:47
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Who says its going to invalidate your warranty?

Thats my point Andy I don't know how it would affect it