Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 19-Apr-2005, 22:06
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
cheers for the tip off about spies Lizzie

Our roving eagle eyed reporter, reported in about Cadders yesterday - mentioning one of the DD riders making Seriously VERY good time on the track there - not ours I hasten to add (ours is still getting cobwebs off his leathers )

Looks like a few of the 'I'm going to win' chaps will have to look to their laurels

C
Old 19-Apr-2005, 22:36
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
For decades there have been riders starting racing each year and more often than not they will only know one or two of the people they will be on the same grid as. When i first started helping my mates I always wonsered who that Shane Byrne lad was always starting from the front row.
Personally I don't care who I'm racing against I've been lapped by some very fast riders in my time all it does is spur you on to try and go faster so they don't do it again.
My aim is to get me and my bike to the chequered flag as fast as I can, hopefully this will be faster than some but its certainly not going to be as fast as others.
I know my years of racing give me a small advantage but at best I'm a average club racer that enjoys roadracing and as I'm on a 583cc bike I should be down on power against the majority of the field, I'm hoping this will give me the incentive to find some more corner speed something I have been lacking for years.
So my main competition is myself, I want to go faster than I currently can and hopefully that will happen by me chasing the faster guys in front.

Guys & gals it may be Desmo Due but you are now entering into Club racing and those of you who have entered the SoT races you will be up against the likes of Les Liney, Dean Wain, Kevin Jones and maybe even ianh from this board, none of whom I knew before I raced against them.

Just my thoughts on it
Kev
Old 19-Apr-2005, 22:57
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
It\'s a matter of perspective..............

From the perspective of Earthworm Jim (that's me by the way) looking at all you high flyers that spend your trackdays balling up the edge of your tyres in the fast group I would be happy to finish, safe in the knowledge that I did something any non-starters or fallers or breakdowns didnt' achieve, in other words I beat them Of course I'd prefer it if you didn't all lap me more than once but hey, what's a racetrack without a mobile chicane

Playing mind games can backfire, the higher you set your sights, the weaker your aim. But hey, it IS part of "The Game"

To finish first, first you must finish
Old 19-Apr-2005, 23:35
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
For decades there have been riders starting racing each year and more often than not they will only know one or two of the people they will be on the same grid as. When i first started helping my mates I always wonsered who that Shane Byrne lad was always starting from the front row.
Personally I don't care who I'm racing against I've been lapped by some very fast riders in my time all it does is spur you on to try and go faster so they don't do it again.
My aim is to get me and my bike to the chequered flag as fast as I can, hopefully this will be faster than some but its certainly not going to be as fast as others.
I know my years of racing give me a small advantage but at best I'm a average club racer that enjoys roadracing and as I'm on a 583cc bike I should be down on power against the majority of the field, I'm hoping this will give me the incentive to find some more corner speed something I have been lacking for years.
So my main competition is myself, I want to go faster than I currently can and hopefully that will happen by me chasing the faster guys in front.

Guys & gals it may be Desmo Due but you are now entering into Club racing and those of you who have entered the SoT races you will be up against the likes of Les Liney, Dean Wain, Kevin Jones and maybe even ianh from this board, none of whom I knew before I raced against them.

Just my thoughts on it
Kev

My sentiments exactly but added racer's experience.
Kev, your first beer is on me!
Old 20-Apr-2005, 09:16
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
My sentiments exactly but added racer's experience.
Kev, your first beer is on me! [/quote]

wot..?? no beer for me.??

better just get on with it then....

Phil....
Old 20-Apr-2005, 09:30
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Thats the idea Phil, you have made the decision to go racing so now you will just have to get on with it, ride the wheels of that SS and see where you end up crossing the finish line, judging from what I've seen of you ride including the sessions at Silverstone on Sunday, you have nothing to worry about. You will only get faster and who knows you may be the find of the season.
Next up you'll be out on a bigger bike in SoT with the likes of Felix and Garry Smith, that would give us a good comparison but the DD is a right mixed bag and as such hopefully will be a good laugh for many who are out there mainly to enjoy the racing experience.
Old 20-Apr-2005, 09:38
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Thats the idea Phil, you have made the decision to go racing so now you will just have to get on with it, ride the wheels of that SS and see where you end up crossing the finish line, judging from what I've seen of you ride including the sessions at Silverstone on Sunday, you have nothing to worry about. You will only get faster and who knows you may be the find of the season.
Next up you'll be out on a bigger bike in SoT with the likes of Felix and Garry Smith, that would give us a good comparison but the DD is a right mixed bag and as such hopefully will be a good laugh for many who are out there mainly to enjoy the racing experience.

Kev

Its out of interest that i would like to know a little about the other racers, it will not hamper or aid my preperation at all..i know what i have to do...i really dont understand why its such an issue to want a little information about the racers in the DD...
Its got nothing to do with me worrying about where i place or the standard of the field, at the end of the day i race, do my best no matter who is on the track, where i place is where i place.

Phil
Old 20-Apr-2005, 09:41
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
its cos you is nosey Fil - innit?:P

C
Old 20-Apr-2005, 09:57
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Sorry boys and girls been a bit busy work wise for the last week or so and not had much chance o look at the board.

It is our interntion to do a short piece on each of the racers through Pronto over the Summer. This idea was hatched when we expected 20 or so riders!

Given all of the things that we have had to do and the numbers of people involved we haven't even started on this yet.

Current plan is to try and get 10 of the entrants at Cadwell, to include a photo (preferably with the bike) and some background info, personal and racing, ready for the Pronto due out on the 1st of June.

Anyone whp wishes to get in early should send a good digital photo showing the rider and the bike, together with above information to chris.bushell@ducatisportingclub.com.

This will allow me to get rond the paddock quicker at Cadwell and hopefully complete the grid in the August issue of Pronto

Chris
Old 20-Apr-2005, 11:03
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
There is I understand one entrant who did a bit of racing a few years ago and who may well have been a bit quick in the past.

New Era have confirmed that they recognise a number of the names that have been entered for Cadwell nd that some of them apparently have a reputation for being a bit quick!

As they said though when teh flag drops the bull **** will stop, I have drawn the short straw of standing on the outside of the 1st bend with the digital video camera! We have already proved that the remote control works from over 20 meters away, so will take a tripod!