Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Oct-2005, 15:11
Big Twin

Power Commander 3 - where located?

I've just had a PC3 installed and it's velcroed on the outside of the battery. I don't currently use the bottom fairing bolt because both sides of the mounting have broken, instead using a tiewrap through 2 holes drilled further back (about 6" back, so I can get the tiewrap in).

It looks like the PC3 is forcing the fairing panel out so the 2 halves don't meet at the front. Need to investigate further, but if you have a PC3 where is yours mounted?
Old 10-Oct-2005, 15:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
JHP fabricate a bracket that mounts it on the RHS of the bike around the area of the forward engine mount/engine breather tank.
Old 10-Oct-2005, 15:18
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by nelly
JHP fabricate a bracket that mounts it on the RHS of the bike around the area of the forward engine mount/engine breather tank.

Ah right, that sounds better. I take it that is what you use when you fit them then?
Old 10-Oct-2005, 15:25
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by HW
I've just had a PC3 installed and it's velcroed on the outside of the battery. I don't currently use the bottom fairing bolt because both sides of the mounting have broken, instead using a tiewrap through 2 holes drilled further back (about 6" back, so I can get the tiewrap in).

It looks like the PC3 is forcing the fairing panel out so the 2 halves don't meet at the front. Need to investigate further, but if you have a PC3 where is yours mounted?

That's where the instructions that come with PCIII say it should be mounted. However, when I fitted mine I couldn't get the fairing to meet either. I made my own ally bracket that sits just above the battery.
I think JHP must lengthen the wire that connects to the battery when they fit it on the RH side. It looks like the best solution though.
Old 10-Oct-2005, 15:28
Big Twin

Dynomax did say that was where Dynajet suggest it shoudl be fitted. the only reason they got my fairing to meet was because of my previous bodge on it. There is a lot of space right above the battery as you say - might be a solution without having to change wiring.

Have you got any photos of your bracket?

[Edited on 10-10-2005 by HW]
Old 10-Oct-2005, 15:40
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Sorry, I don't have any photos, but if you aren't in a rush I could take the fairing off at the weekend & take some.
Old 10-Oct-2005, 15:44
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1
Sorry, I don't have any photos, but if you aren't in a rush I could take the fairing off at the weekend & take some.

Brill - if it's not too much trouble then I would appreciate that.
Old 10-Oct-2005, 17:02
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by HW
Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1

Brill - if it's not too much trouble then I would appreciate that.

Going by this suggestion, I've moved the earth wire from the battery terminal to a battery housing bolt (as other earth wires are) and now I can mount the PC3 in the space about the battery. I've tiewrapped it to the frame and wiring loom so it's neat and out of the way. Jobs a goodun as they say!
Old 10-Oct-2005, 17:43
Big Twin

H - do a search on JPM and power commander.
Jon posted some pics of his mountings.
Old 10-Oct-2005, 20:33
Big Twin

OK, will do.