Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Prev   Next
Old 22-Jun-2011, 13:15
Bevel Head
Bikes: ST4 & Firestorm - Sadly no more DDue Racer

Brief Encounter

Big "Thank you" to all who rallied round to help try to get me on the grid following my off in wet practice on Friday. Unfortunately in the absence of Dr Costa, racing was curtailed due to lack of functioning bodyparts i.e. knackered left arm and right shoulder . Neal, I guess that confirms that your comment about the north / south divide .... Cue further comments!

At least my condition meant I could stay in the relative warm of the marquee that night while my long suffering wife, Samantha, donned waterproofs and secured said shelter at 3am in the teeth of a gale and driving rain. (Well, we're more used to summer breezes & sunshine in June down in Kent!)

Reading the other threads it appears I can put my crash down to leaning the bike over so much in the wet that I got onto the slick part of the tyre - and not grabbing too much front brake going too fast into Nelsons, (who put that bend there?!) ahem....

Well, my brief encounter with the new Snetterton circuit was fun while it lasted (about £100 per lap) but at least it saved on tyre wear. Looking forward to having some scraps with Dean - well done mate for getting out on Sunday - Hope the rear brake is still working - sorry I wasn't there to see it but my sofa was too inviting!