Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 04-Apr-2006, 21:23
GTL

big service and very lucky

As usual I’d left the bike service to the last minute again and a quick ring round the usual suspects showed them well and truly booked up. The local Duke dealer I had used until this year (and didn’t want to use again) had gone belly up and I was stuck. Then uncharacteristically I had a stroke of luck whilst searching the board, I don’t recall who (but thanks mate) had mentioned Jeff Green of GTEC in their post but a quick read of the web site looked impressive and just a few miles down the road to boot.
After a phone call and a few probing questions I was happy and the bike was booked in. A friendly chat and a good look round over a coffee revealed an astounding knowledge of all things Ducati and one seriously clean tidy workshop. I left the bike and spent the next few days hoping I wouldn’t get the dreaded rockers phone call, I’ll give Jeff his due as he did try to soften the blow but seven in one go does tend to come as a bit of a shock. After inspecting the offending items and with nothing to lose Ducati were approached for a possible out of warranty claim. It turned out that good fortune was on my side as my circumstances were viewed as favourable (who ever gave it the nod thank you). With a huge sigh of relief and replacements on the way my interest was drawn on the attention to detail as I was shown round some of the work. All explained as to what/ why and even popped apart to aid explanations a few times, it really does make a big difference when you can talk to the man that's doing the work. Got the bike back this Saturday and it feels soooo much better, tight /smooth/quiet and crisp.
So lets have some sun please…. I’m good to go.