Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Aug-2004, 15:37

620 Sport (03): mirrors and indicators

Just bought a s/h 620 sport; 2 questions:

For the n/side mirror, I need a pivot bolt (screw-headed) + nut + spacers, lost during my first 'Ducati moment' (see below); officially, I have to buy the complete mirror unit (at around £30); are there any s/h part dealers or others who may be able to supply? (Probably the same part for all recent Sports?)

The indicator bases have punched holes in the fairing due to the normal urban rough and tumble; has anyone fitted flush indicators to avoid this problem? Any recommendations or experiences?

Saturday afternoon went for a ride up the A10 to Cambridge and back, having bought the bike in the morning; great ride but I didn't stop to check the loose mirror, assumed it would be a captive fitment. Mirror fell off on a fast stretch and I managed to retrieve it without damage, but there was too much traffic going too fast to find the nut bolt and spacer.

I did have a great ride and de-mayonnaised the sight glass. As a BAB, there's enough power for the moment; in my day you were grateful for 40bhp.
Old 24-Aug-2004, 15:45
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Welcome back to biking, Slacker! Good choice of bike to get back into the swing of things. I did pretty much the same, with a 750 Sport.
Someone will be along presently to answer your question, but I thought I'd welcome you to Ducatis and the DSC, and if you're buying, I'll have a pint of Guinness, many thanks.

[Edited on 24-8-2004 by Loz]
Old 25-Aug-2004, 12:15
Montjuic

Mood: Cleaning the Weather OFF!
I beleive you can get exact replacement mirrors from M&P's catalogue for the SS range (new ones) for about 12 quid
Old 25-Aug-2004, 13:06
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Gotta admit I wasnt sure what a 620 Sport looked like so here is a cute link and piccy (I hope)

http://www.spitfirebikers.com/galler...20Sport/f1.jpg

And yes - M&P do have a shed load of Duke stuff, dunno about having to pay for a catalogue (try ordering something small...then be cheeky and ask for a catalogue as well )

Old 25-Aug-2004, 18:18

Thanks all for advice. In the end I have temporarily bodged it with a spare nut and bolt.

I saw a previous posting regarding combined mirrors/indicators (mini-review in June Bike), which have now come down to around £30 each. They're made by an OE supplier to Ducati and available in red, black and carbon. A new batch of black ones won't be in until after the continental August break. I think I may try these, as it would solve both problems.

Thanks again.

When is it going to hold off raining for half an hour??
Old 25-Aug-2004, 19:40
Bevel Head

Slacker ..... congrats on the purchase. Did you get the one on ebay??

I've just traded mine in actually. It was nice to ride I thought but I got awful back and neck ache after too short a time for my liking. I think I'm not fit enough to ride a sports bike. Until I got the aches it was very enjoyable though ..... and fast enough for me.

Now got a monster 800 .... so I need to update my little piccie to the left.
Old 25-Aug-2004, 21:47

Yes, it was the one on ebay. Less than 1200 miles, 1 year old.

In town, I'm trying to use my back and stomach muscles rather than putting all the weight on my wrists; so far it's not too tiring.

Oh well, back to work tomorrow.
Old 25-Aug-2004, 22:00
Bevel Head

That looked a bargain ...... it was up for about £4000 before I think without takers. I was watching with interest as I was trying to suss what I could expect to sell mine for if I couldn't trade it.

If I had better tecnique and was fitter I'm sure I would have been fine. Even on the day I was trading in I was in two minds as it is nice to ride generally. I found it very smooth, nice gear changes etc.