World Ducati Week 2016, advance tickets in high demand
Borgo Panigale, Bologna (Italy), 6 April 2016
- WDW2016 advance tickets are selling fast worldwide. A record edition is predicted
- New for 2016, the Ducati International Bikers Games, the “bike Olympics” for Ducatisti
- Stuntmen and freestylers on track to entertain the WDW2016 public
- High expectations for the Ducati Garage Contest, dedicated to the world’s Ducati specials
– It’s full speed ahead in terms of preparation for the ninth edition of World Ducati Week, the international Ducati bike gathering that attracts thousands of Ducatisti, as well as other fans, from all over the globe.
The event will take place from 1 to 3 July 2016 at the “Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli”. A unique occasion in terms of its passion, adrenalin and enjoyment, this year’s WDW also provides the opportunity to celebrate Ducati’s 90th anniversary. Advance tickets for this extraordinary event are already available and, across the globe, “red fever” is fuelling the race to purchase passes and entry tickets, with levels of interest indicating that this may well be a record edition!
The various pass and ticket types for WDW2016 include:
3-day Pass (1/2/3 July)
- Biker pass € 95 and visitor/passenger pass € 65 (full price)
- Biker pass € 70 and visitor/passenger pass € 55 (reduced price for tickets purchased at Ducati Dealers)
- Biker pass € 45 and visitor/passenger pass € 45 for DOC Members (special price for Desmo Owners Club members, tickets can only be purchased via official Ducati clubs)
- Biker pass € 50 and visitor/passenger pass € 40
So many initiatives and activities will make up the great Ducati bike event. These will include the first edition of the “Ducati International Bikers Games”, the first “bike-olympics” dedicated to the countless fans that will take part in WDW2016. A knock-out style tournament, 8 teams of Ducatisti from all over the world will compete in a range of challenges, from a “slow motion” bike race to a precision braking test, as well as assembly/disassembly contests (assembling/disassembling an engine in the shortest possible time), quizzes and other surprises that await participants in the “Ducati International Bikers Games”. Guaranteed fun, with more details about the event coming very soon so… stay tuned!
WDW2016 is also the setting for track exhibitions by the world’s best-known stuntmen, with names including Emilio Zamora, the star of choreographed routines with his Ducatis and a legendary figure for fans of the Borgo Panigale brand. Joining him this year are Victor Chelenkov, Jeremy Vonk and Michael Threin, internationally renowned ‘artists’ in the world of stunt-shows.
Expectations are high for the Ducati Garage Contest that, ever since the 2002 edition, has awarded the most beautiful Ducati specials created by amateur customisers from all around the world. Participants must send one or more images of the bike they've created, along with the completed application form, to DGC@ducati.com
before 29 May 2016 to take part in the contest. An internal Ducati jury will select the ten specials that will be exhibited at Misano. The chosen customs will be on show for the duration of the event in a dedicated and protected area where journalists will have the chance to admire, photograph and write about them while the WDW2016 public can vote for its favourite. The public will then make the final decision, with the best special receiving a fitting prize: participation in a Ducati Riding Experience, the Ducati riding school that takes place at the most famous Italian racetracks. That’s not all, as the Ducati Corse riders and Ducati Technical Jury will also get a vote, awarding special prizes to the bikes competing in the “2016 Ducati Garage Contest”.
Throughout WDW2016, participants can also make use of the “SuMisura” (i.e. custom made) service (www.ducatisumisura.com)
. This special and exclusive service is dedicated to the most exacting and devoted bikers. Anyone looking to create their own personalised motorcycle suit, can get measured free of charge and then perfect their order at their trusted Ducati dealer. This is made possible thanks to the services of a team of technician from Dainese - world leader in the production of protective apparel for motorcyclists and long-time partner of Ducati – who will be at Misano from 1 to 3 July to take care of participants’ requests and needs.
Further information on World Ducati Week 2016 can be found at wdw.ducati.com and on the main social networks using hashtag #worldducatiweek.