Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 27-May-2009, 20:21
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Andys Snetterton Report

Andys Snetterton Report - May 2009

Snetterton has always been good to me, I got my first win here in a DD taster of 2006, putting the 583 on the front row besides Domski and Kyle.

We decided to do the Sunday races to familiarise myself with the track and scrub some new tyres. I wobbled round in qualifying and tried a lower gearing for race 1. It was wrong and I didn’t have the speed down the straights. Meanwhile, Will Charters had found his mojo and was battling like a good-en. He came by on the back straight and we swapped places a few times. I wasn’t quite prepared for the battles so intense on the day prior to having it out with Tim?? He then had a lunge exiting Corum going into Russells, we both were on the limit going into the chicaine and collided. Unfortunately Will went down and I had to straight-line over the bend to stay on. I then settled and started learning my lines and braking markers for the rest of the race. Will came over after the race and we chatted about the battles. His lid was damaged but I’d brought a spare which he used for the rest of the weekend. For the second race we put the higher gear back on. I got a minger of a wheely off the line which slowed me into the first corner. Again, me & Will battled for the whole race but I managed a little gap for the win. New Era had, once again, put on a great presentation & provided trophies for the races which made them more worthwhile. I‘ll be able to look back on thses racing days with joy. Giving the pace of Will, I knew tomorrow was going to be more than just a battle with Tim. The pressure was on….

Qualifying came round and I set off ahead, just me & the lap timer. The new tyres were working really well & we managed a pole, closely followed by none-other than Will Charters…

Race 1. Tim was on a mission and headed the warm-up lap. This was his statement of intent from previous experience. I got the holeshot on the start and put my head down for 3-4 laps taking some serious risks. Will & Tim were battling which gave me the space. I saw Cobby signal that we had a good lead and settled down as the tyres got hotter. I could see Will catching fast but managed to sift through the traffic sometimes good, sometimes held up in the slow corners. We ended with a small margin but most importantly the WIN!!!

Race 2. Once again, I got an excellent start but Will went with me. I had a small gap but he was catching me. We starting lapping and I got caught up a few times. On the last lap we headed down the back straight and Will pulled along-side on the inside, we were catching traffic and I held the throttle a moment longer to get round the outside of Dean Russell at the Esses, Will went for the inside which was closed down on him. I then tore through the bomb hole besides Phil Wilcock and into Russells, this time protecting my line. I crossed the line just in front of Will for the second win!!! Wohoo…. What a race! I was expecting a hard time and got just that with Will riding brilliantly and raising his game, he’s hungry for a win..

We now go away from Snetterton with the lead in the championship but its still early days and lots more races are ahead of us. This brings back fond memories of 2007, battling for the Class B title.

Massive thanks to my family for coming along and supporting me. It was great to see Tracey jumping up & down on the pit wall each lap!!! Thanks to the Valentino fan club for coming all the way to support me and to the Cornerspeed bunch for the Sunday support too.

Well done to Will for upping his game and Andy Pike for getting up with us after only a few races. Well done to Harriet for three wins and to Dom for turning-up and winning with so little practice at this very demanding track. Anyone who thinks this place is easy to learn is in for a shock! Chin-up to Tim, bogey meet for you fella, but I know you’ll be back and stronger so don’t anyone relax just yet….

Mallory next, see you there Andy
Old 27-May-2009, 20:23
Big Twin

Just before the Sunday collision

Team Valentino

Last edited by andys 900ss : 28-May-2009 at 11:13.
Old 28-May-2009, 00:53
Mille

Congrat's Andy....

....By all accounts I missed a bloody good meeting with battles all the way thro' the field. But I had to stop home to work on my own bike.

Sounds like Will is starting to make a real nuisance of himself as well, he rode really well at Anglesey.

Here's to Mallory and three abreast into the bus stops, Shep, Tim and Will....separate A and B races as well, so I'll get to watch from trackside, instead of getting "buzzed" left and right on track
Old 29-May-2009, 08:15
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Nice report Andy, and as I said before, well observed about the warm up lap.

Must do better at Mallory...did ya miss me?

LOL!
Old 29-May-2009, 09:47
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
nice one mister, well chuffed for you!!

it's good to see some challenging going on at the sharp end and I hope you guys continue to work for the pots wish I was there to play as well!!
Old 29-May-2009, 10:37
Mille

You'll be back Lily, Once you get your physio' done and your mobility improves.

Swimming will be a VERY big help. Hope to see you soon.
Old 29-May-2009, 13:26
Big Twin

Thanks guys.

Yep, dont forget your swimming, Claire. I'll sort you one of our programs if you want. We had a 4k mtrs in an hour set on wednesday.....

Seriously, your guys get yourself well and come & join in the fun again.

See you soon

Andy
Old 29-May-2009, 13:39
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Nice one Andy, I was starting to think it was a 2 horse race at the front of Class A but with Wil now in the Mix and it looking as if Andy Pike will also be joining in (once he improves his starts) it tooks like its going to be a lot more interesting at the front of class A

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 29-May-2009, 15:16
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Yea but you guys got to get past me first

Craig
Old 29-May-2009, 20:43
Mille
Bikes: 500 Pantah, TT2, 749R, 944ssie, Rickman Kwak 1170, Yam 1200 Super Ten

Mood: The Older I get the Faster I Was!
Good report Andy.

Snett was the first of the year for me, and the first with the DD and DSC.

What a good do it was to You lot didn't disappoint

Eventful to say the least:
After breaking me leg in Feb, the last thing I needed was to crash test it............. . So binning it (getting tangled with Paul Payne through the Esses) in Race 1 on Sat was not part of the game plan. Still, credit to the surgeon, who obviously screwed it together nice n tight.

Fortunately, both me and Paul were able to kick everything straight and got out for the remaining races. Hope you aren't too sore Paul.

Credit to you lot who get these things off the line so well. A technique I still need to master if the shite starts in the remaining races are anything to go by. At least it gave me the opportunity to see some tidy riding from the top 583 runners (HR, in particular, took some catching - a bloody quick combo!).

Couldn't live with Andy S's or Will C's pace. Good lads and very quick. Mind, you, so is Tim P. Don't reckon I'd have had him in the last race had he not duped himself into the Esses on the last lap. Good racing mate.

Great paddock atmosphere amongst all the DD crowd and great racing throughout the field. Just as it should be! You've got yourselves a good formula here. Never let it get TOO SERIOUS!

A thoroughly enjoyable weekend thanks to all. In particular, Steve Mason (who's also recovering from a broken leg so wasn't racing), Cleve (Brightman Aermacchi), Chaz (OD2 for the lone of the throttle and other advice) and my missus (who didn't lose the plot with me after I slid off).

Even the tyres were alright............

See you all at Mallory

Andy Pike