Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 24-Jan-2006, 13:20
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
I'm not sure we all interpreted that question in the same way...
Some of us read "Do you want a point scoring race at Cadwell in March?", I did read "Do you want a race meeting to attend at Cadwell in March?".

Of course nobody will want to race for only the risk of destroying the bike, I think the question was more when do you want the season to start...

Anyway, I'm sure the MT's email will make us all friends again
(please forget I'm French )
Old 24-Jan-2006, 13:28
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600
I'm not sure we all interpreted that question in the same way...
Some of us read "Do you want a point scoring race at Cadwell in March?", I did read "Do you want a race meeting to attend at Cadwell in March?".

Of course nobody will want to race for only the risk of destroying the bike, I think the question was more when do you want the season to start...

Anyway, I'm sure the MT's email will make us all friends again
(please forget I'm French )

we are ALL friends ......................and no we wont ever forget you are french.............
Old 24-Jan-2006, 13:38
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
The spirit of DD is that of a budget, novice race series where ordinary CLUB members, who maybe have experience of track days, have the opportunity to take it to the next level without the alleged "cut throat" racing you may encounter in more "regular" race series.

Thanks to the huge efforts of Chris Bushell, Monty & MW on the RC and the riders for putting on last years spectacular, it HAS grown from that, which is one of the big reasons we've got to have a split grid this year.

One of the reasons put to me for FORCING the issue at Assen by INSISTING that it's points scoring was to coerce us to go so "the club" could put on a good show to prospective club members that would then join with us, the feeling was that there wouldn't be enough entries if it wasn't points scoring! In other words it's nothing more than a publicity stunt and we'd be the ones that'd pay for it in hard cash by going there. A fantastic opportunity yes, but not one that should be part of a budget, novice race series, especially as it's a limited grid! Apart from the fact I can't afford it I won't be going on principle.
I think it should be a "Trophy Race" like the race of champions at Castle Combe, I don't believe it should be points scoring but if you're going to force anyone to take part at Assen then why not "just" make it a points scorer for the 620 series?
What would you then do with the 583 riders who would want to go but would not be "part" of the race?
If you let 583 riders compete in a 620 race at Assen (it IS a mixed grid after all) how will that affect those that want to play hard-ball in the 620 class when they come flying round a corner to find two 583's having their own private battle in the twisty section of the "583" race? Should anyone give way? Of course not!

Those people that can afford to go to Assen (or those that get selected) will be battling in a smaller field than they would normally, those of us that normally finish in the bottom half of the order (myself!) would benefit by scoring higher points than we otherwise would. Is that fair on those that can't afford it or aren't selected?

The whole thing about us going to Assen is out of context with a budget/novice race series, especially when we have tracks available in this country that can take both classes on full size grids and are easier to reach for the potential club members that I've ben told we want to attract by going to Assen.
At the end of the day (it gets dark. I know) you pays yer money and takes yer pick, but until it's finalised it is still open for debate. So let's!

Paul - this is exactly what we have been saying all along since last summer, when the idea was put on the table.

Trophy/prizes etc....not points

C
Old 24-Jan-2006, 14:05
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
The spirit of DD is that of a budget, novice race series

well i can stop you there for a start.
Old 24-Jan-2006, 14:08
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
Quote:
The spirit of DD is that of a budget, novice race series

well i can stop you there for a start.

you been shopping then Dickie?
Old 24-Jan-2006, 14:08
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by AK and CK
Paul - this is exactly what we have been saying all along since last summer, when the idea was put on the table.

Trophy/prizes etc....not points

C

no point in anyone who normally finishes outside the top ten even turning up then. call me a cynic. i wouldn't bother.
Old 24-Jan-2006, 14:09
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

sounds like there is less than 30 going anyway Mr D
Old 24-Jan-2006, 14:11
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
So if the new vote is for points at Cadwell and no points at Assen can we pull out of Assen with no financial penalty. I voted originally for points at Cadwell and with that an early start to the season.
Old 24-Jan-2006, 14:13
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by multi600
So if the new vote is for points at Cadwell and no points at Assen can we pull out of Assen with no financial penalty. I voted originally for points at Cadwell and with that an early start to the season.

your just trubble making now Mike!:P
Old 24-Jan-2006, 14:15
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
ME