Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-May-2005, 05:37
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Big thankyou\'s

Firstly a big thankyou to the mt for having the foresight to persue the 620 bigbore issue,i know Chris and Monty spent most of monday and all day tuesday looking at ways of solving the problem.
Next Marcello and the team at DLS for there decision not to go big bore and also for the extreemly generous offer to provide the labour FREE OF CHARGE to put Geoffs bike back to 618.
THEn of course John Hackett for the same dicision not to persue BB.
Which leave one man,GEOFF SPENCER.
Without Geoffs superb offer ,totally without prompting,we would not have been able to stop the BB route.
Geoff had done nothing wrong,he had a bike built to the rules ,and it must be said that the Baines brothers did a supurb job,however Geoff made his great offer as he could see the benifits for the series as a whole.
I know a pair off barrels are being sourced ,hopefully at a reduced cost,and i would hate to think that Geoff would be out of pocket because of his offer and as such i am going to start the ball rooling by putting £20 into the pot(it would nice to think that the rest of the competitors will follow suit)
CLUBMAN OF THE YEAR,absolutly no contest,GEOFF SPENCER
Old 04-May-2005, 08:58
Mille

Asking me to part with MONEY is a tough one (tight as a Ducks a*** that's me). But can only second everything that's been said re., Geoffs offer.

I've got about 20Kg of Scuba Diving weights - (Geoff) do you fancy carrying those arround your waist for the next few rounds? - Just a thought!
Old 04-May-2005, 09:53
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Firstly, thanks to Geoff for being such a decent bloke about all this when he could easily have dug his heels in and stayed with the BB. I had a chat with him on Saturday night and made it plain that I didn't think it was an error on his part, just using the rules to the maximum effect. If the race committee hadn't stepped in now then I'm sure it would only have been a matter of weeks before there were several other 680ie bikes being run in around the country. I hope Geoff gets some use out of the larger pistons and barrels next year if the series runs with BB kits on the 620.

Secondly, as I've ranted about in other posts, I still believe the gap between the BB 583 engine and the standard 620 is a far more significant issue than the BB 620 engine. However, I said more than enough on all subjects so I'll keep my head down for a while one that one!

Lastly, more than happy to help out with the purchase of barrels so my £20's in the pot.

Lets hope this is the one and only change to rule book this year and we can get on with some racing (or indeed crashing on my part).

Cheers,

Ali
Old 04-May-2005, 10:32
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I'll donate £20 to the cause and add another 10kg's that he has to wear as well.

Old 04-May-2005, 10:52
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Geoff's a decent fella - my £20 is in the pot too......

.....good on the DLS guys for helping out too.....

..... i just need to fund this by selling these 680 barrels and pistons I picked up cheap from a Bologna car boot sale !!!!!!

Tim
Old 04-May-2005, 10:57
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Pot? I haven't got a pot to **** in right now, but even though I'm skint, and I'm not even racing, I'll put £20 in the pot too. That sort of sportsmanship restores my faith in the sense of fair play.

Well done Geoff.

BTW...who's holding the pot?
Old 04-May-2005, 12:49
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Folks,

The pot is/will be held by Graham Butcher and all pledges will be collected at Castle Coombe.

Chris
Old 04-May-2005, 14:44
Mille

If I stump up at Castle Coombe can we start a pot for my rear Ohlins - high and low speed damping, remote hydraulic preload adjuster....
Old 04-May-2005, 15:04
Mille

add another 20 from me and annette but collect it early as i keep spending money on beer!!

seriously a geoff deserves recompense and all our thanks for being such a good sport

dave
Old 04-May-2005, 16:03
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

How about I run a 680 at my home race, win both races, and then you lot pay to change my engine back for Snett??

Sounds fair to me