Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Sep-2004, 12:39
GTL

Big thankyou

Just like to add my testimonial to previous glowing tributes paid to Neil748R for his carbon repair abilities; he turned an expensive pig in a poke to a silk purse (to mix my metaphors).

Turned out one of a pair of carbon airtubes I bought for my 748 on the DSC board had 43 cracks, and Neil had to spend a lot more time on it than he'd intended. However 'good-as-new' isn't too far off the mark, and he said he'd be happy to have it on his own bike (soon to be the trickest 748R on the planet) which is good enough for me.

I'm kind of reluctant to recommend him if only because he charges what seems to me a ridiculously low amount for his services (feel a bit faint when I compare it to what so-called 'craftsmen' charge for putting up a few tiles or taking a dent out of one's car), but for future reference "small crack in lacquer easily repaired" - yes, 43 cracks - no!

Thanks again.
Old 29-Sep-2004, 12:08
500SD

Thanks for the accolade Iain - but as long as your happy, that's the main thing. I really wouldn't want to tackle another tube like that one, 43 seperate cracks - I was losing sleep over it!

Any further problems with those tubes just let me know and we'll get it sorted out. Drop me a U2U at some point if you're still on for the other bits.

Thanks again, Neil.

P.S. I'm still taking repair work on but due to my current time constraints it's taking a bit longer than normal to turn them around. N.