Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 10-Oct-2005, 15:46
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Summary of my 2005 season

My 2005 race season

Running a 583cc Ducati Desmo Due put together for a season end total of £2050 including tyres.

Project got off to a poor start when the non-runner of a bike I purchased had a terminal engine problem. This was sorted by the purchase of a M600 engine from Reservoircogs along with dynojetted carbs and K&N filter.
Next problem appeared at a pre-season test at Llandow where I found the bike kept stopping after 3 laps. This was cured by replacing the rusty tank.

DD Round 1 Cadwell Woodlands
Well at least the bike would now run for more than 3 laps, shame the brakes could only manage 5. What could have been a fairly good start to the championship resulted in a crash in race 1 while in 13th position and was followed by two more DNFs.

DD Round 2 Castle Combe
Brakes sorted, did OK but was getting slaughterd in the top speed stakes.

DD Round 3 Snetterton
Now with twin disc frontend, did OK but was again getting slaughterd in the top speed stakes.

DD Round 4 Donington
Lovely rain, that was more like it

NG Minitwins at Pembrey
First time ever getting my kneedown and also a trophy for 3rd place, also managed to beat not only the odd SV650 but also the odd 996.

DD Round 5 Brands Indy
Did OK

DD Round 6 Cadwell
Did OK, got both wheels off the ground over the mountain.

Summary of season, great fun, kneedown for the first time, first trophy (3rd MT), getting totaly airbourne over the mountain. beating a few 620s, 675s and the odd SV650 and 996.
Superb value for £3500