Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 24-Mar-2006, 10:11
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
I say "YES" but only if there is no single element of doubt.

I would prefer to see them try and make a run for it in a nice open field so that I can shoot them to bring them down then perhaps a nice high velocity 22 round in each joint, to prolong things a little , then a single shot to the head, a 155mm round should do the job!

Or as Uncle Porry said, once convicted take them out the back and kill them ASAP.
Old 24-Mar-2006, 12:32
Mille

Mood: Will my DD fit in a Fiat Scudo?
Quote:
Originally posted by twpd
Sure it can...but not always irrefutably. Forensics have been wrong and DNA profiling has also been found to be wrong. Whatever, I don't support state-sponsored murder/revenge.

Your talking about Chimera. One person with two DNA profiles.
Old 24-Mar-2006, 12:53
500SD

Mood: On top of the world
Problem with life at the moment is its you and I paying for it. Plus these guys probably have a better life inside than we have out here. If they had NO perks and had to do hard labour then maybe its a fitting punishment. However, assuming incontravertible evidence, the death penalty is a punishment that fits the crime. Its not about deterrent factor or revenge, its a fitting punishment.
Old 24-Mar-2006, 13:12
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
But who does the death penalty actually punish? We're more than likely talking about a lethal injection, no horror, just lie down and go to sleep, no suffering.

What's worse, a life in prison full of other nutters, watching over your shoulder for the rest of your life, or a nice clean injection? If life meant life, it would be a far worse punishment than giving someone these easy way out. Let these people suffer until the end of their days. Who reallly suffers when someone is executed? Only the people left behind.
Old 24-Mar-2006, 13:33
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I would just like to ask the question of those people that support the death penalty whether, since they think that killing people in the name of justice is such a good idea, they would be prepared to do the killing themselves?

Would you be the executioner. Actually pull the switch, drop the noose, inject the poison or whatever? Would you be the person who would cut the body down and deal with it, or would you prefer to have somebody else get blood on their hands in a vain attempt to make all the nasty people in the world go away?
Old 24-Mar-2006, 20:11
500SD

Mood: Warmed up and ready to go
Quote:
Originally posted by uncle porry
Quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
cost of keeping the 6 people just sentenced is:

20 years x 6 x £47,000=£5.64 million pounds!!!!!!

MMMmmmmm

that would fund a lot of hospital beds, or help cancer research or keep an air ambulance going for a while etc etc etc.......

Or 3 Tomahawk criuse missiles!!!!
Old 24-Mar-2006, 23:05
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
I would just like to ask the question of those people that support the death penalty whether, since they think that killing people in the name of justice is such a good idea, they would be prepared to do the killing themselves?

Would you be the executioner. Actually pull the switch, drop the noose, inject the poison or whatever? Would you be the person who would cut the body down and deal with it, or would you prefer to have somebody else get blood on their hands in a vain attempt to make all the nasty people in the world go away?

Jools

It won't make all the nasty people go away but if someone commits cold blooded murder or defiles a child , then if they are executed it makes sure they can never do it again. And no I couldn't do it but there will allways be someone who is prepared to do it and won't lose any sleep.

Anyone on here seen the bodies of, or been given graphic details of a multiple stabbing murder of two little boys?

Does the evil being who can do such a thing deserve to breathe the air that those two little boys never will?

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit