Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 06-Apr-2006, 17:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
We lost touch a long time ago but I've never quite lost the taste for pink!!
Old 06-Apr-2006, 17:30
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
So can we put a lid on this post and get on with the 98% that's great about this club PLEASE?

Good luck if you're going, good luck if you're staying. Move on.

Now

Spring is here, I had a lovely blast up to MJK to pick up my new Daytona boots, trackdays have started, DD racing is on, MotoGP, BSB and WSB are on the box, new fairing arrived for the 600RR so looking forward to spraying it up, rideouts are on the board and I'm defo doing more this year, BMF looks like it's a goer, Pronto is on the mat, the sun is out, the sky is blue and there's not a friggin cloud left now to spoil the view.

WeeJohnyB
Old 06-Apr-2006, 18:13
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Henners
.. I resigned because of the actions of the chairman in removing my moderator status without telling me or consulting the whole MT who I am informed would have opposed it. This indicated to me that there were still some 'old guard' behaviours at play. To compound this I have mentioned above certain other things which some of the longer serving MT have got up to which I find abhorrent.

On the same evening Webby - unknown to me - also resigned from the club. We have been mates a long time so we discussed what we would do next and the idea of Ducati down South.com was born. Having taken advice from members of this club and the MT I have decided to put the launch of this new message board on hold for several reasons, not least of all because of the potential damage it could do the DSC.

Webby has made the decision to rejoin the club and having talked it through with me I fully support what he is doing and wish him every success as RO for Surrey.

I understand that Jasper has started a poll on the members’ area of the board looking for support in getting Webby, CK and I back as members. I can't speak for CK however for me it is not the right time to become a member again and I need to be convinced that all the assurance Paul James is making are met before considering taking that step.

Can I correct one major assumption most people have made? When I resigned it was assumed that I would not therefore fulfil my role as chairman of the club constitution committee. Nothing could be further from the truth and I look forward to getting membership responses from the advert in Pronto so that this piece of work can be completed as soon as possible.

I will remain a committed board member and look forward to seeing you all out and about before too long.

Henners

Thank you Henners for your succinct precis of the situation "to date".

It really doesn't matter whose club "scarf" you are wearing in the end - we all like Dukes for various reasons - let's all look forward to the coming spring and have fun.

RX
Old 06-Apr-2006, 21:29
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by Henners
.. I resigned because of the actions of the chairman in removing my moderator status without telling me or consulting the whole MT who I am informed would have opposed it. This indicated to me that there were still some 'old guard' behaviours at play. To compound this I have mentioned above certain other things which some of the longer serving MT have got up to which I find abhorrent.

On the same evening Webby - unknown to me - also resigned from the club. We have been mates a long time so we discussed what we would do next and the idea of Ducati down South.com was born. Having taken advice from members of this club and the MT I have decided to put the launch of this new message board on hold for several reasons, not least of all because of the potential damage it could do the DSC.

Webby has made the decision to rejoin the club and having talked it through with me I fully support what he is doing and wish him every success as RO for Surrey.

I understand that Jasper has started a poll on the members’ area of the board looking for support in getting Webby, CK and I back as members. I can't speak for CK however for me it is not the right time to become a member again and I need to be convinced that all the assurance Paul James is making are met before considering taking that step.

Can I correct one major assumption most people have made? When I resigned it was assumed that I would not therefore fulfil my role as chairman of the club constitution committee. Nothing could be further from the truth and I look forward to getting membership responses from the advert in Pronto so that this piece of work can be completed as soon as possible.

I will remain a committed board member and look forward to seeing you all out and about before too long.

Henners

Maybe I'm confused here but are you suggesting that as a non member you still feel its OK to be involved with the constitution committee ?
Old 06-Apr-2006, 21:34
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
with all due respect, surely this discussion can take place off board?
Old 06-Apr-2006, 21:37
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
with all due respect, surely this discussion can take place off board?

True !

but just for the record as a DSC member I am happy for Henners to continue with the constitution committee !!!!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit