Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Mar-2006, 18:48
Mille

tyers

I want a tyer that will do 2000 miles with hard riding, I have tried micheling sport cup and parrelli diablo.not the corse and dont get much more than 1000 miles out of them, it's that bad that my next 3 pack will be a set of bridgestone bt20s, any one how as had the same problem and done the same or similar,
can you still use all the ground clearance , are the bt20s better than there mileage hints at. are they as good as pirrelli evos ?,
Old 20-Mar-2006, 20:55
500SD

Mood: a ducati is for life not just for christmas
put a fork lift tyre on that will do the trick
Old 21-Mar-2006, 08:24
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
My Michy Pilot Power rear lasted 3500 miles,..granted,1500 of them were running in miles.I would expect to get at least 2500 out of them tho......
Old 21-Mar-2006, 09:27
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Are you on the road? Where are they wearing out in the middle? What about a bi compound 209gp? hard in the centre for long lie but a variety of softer wall compounds to give that side grip!
Old 21-Mar-2006, 16:34
Mille

I like to power it out of the conrers in 2nd and 3rd, the wear is all over the tyre but the center is slightly more worn, I have tried three types on the 999 and all wear very very fast when I'm on a mission, one nice ride and you can see the wear, 1.5 mm I guess.I had similar wear not quite as bad but close, on my ZX12R, I ran that on dunlop 207s due to the price and the grip levels were suited to the ground clearance,
but you could not get the power down like you can on the ducati so they lasted just long enough, ie £s per mile. I did try a track tyre on the ZX12R but only got 500 miles out of it. so has any one a hard wearing tyre please let me know what you thought.
Old 23-Mar-2006, 02:59
Mille

I get 7,000 plus out of Pilot Powers...and use them from side to side, but always end up replacing tires due to center wear from commuting. Never been good enough to have to replace a tire because I wore the sides out...although that would be awesome!!
Old 23-Mar-2006, 15:37
Mille

it must be just me then, I have never got more than 5000 miles out of a tyre in my life and that's going back to the AP50, more power = shorter tyre life, and add to that the softer compounds of to days tyres and I get to the point of having to ride more gently or buy I harder tyre or replace my rear every few weeks or so, at worse, there lasts much more if I'm two up, i.e. I cant be my mad self,
any way I've bought a three pack of BT20s and I'll tell you what I think of them when I fit them, i.e. after the next time I go out, as the rear I put on three weeks ago and have ridden my bike trice and done 500 miles and is down to 2 mill, the best rides of the year though,
Old 23-Mar-2006, 15:53
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Do you wear front and rear out equally? Or is it just the rear?
Old 23-Mar-2006, 16:04
Mille

I use 2 rears to 1 front, but you can fell the front losing grip, it's problem the feathering of the front from breaking,
Old 04-Apr-2006, 22:40
Mille

well I've fitted the bridgestone BT20s and went out to play and the first 30 miles were not that good but as the tyres run in I was impressed, to start with the bike felt slow from side to side but very shore footed even when lent right over, well 90% any way,still to soon in the season, and they took all the power with out any hint of wheelspin.
I think I will drop the forks 5mm more to speed up the handling a bit, I like it a bit lose,
I went out yesterday with what was left of the diablos and they were slipping when pushed but the BT20s didunt slip at all today, it's a new tyre to me and it takes me a bit of time to realy get the feel of a tyre before I know where the limit is, but so far it's as good as the best of the rest I've tired, and if it does alot more miles I'll give it 10/10, well so far,