Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 02-May-2005, 19:26
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Thanks for the phone call Jasper, your new identity is in the post along with passport and legitimate work visa for outer mongolia, your one way flight ticket is included

Translation will be with you ASAP but as far as her indoors has said, your in the clear, same here, If Paulīs Model Art GmbH & Co require more details concerning the bike, contact a lawyer to hold it for you and inform them they can see the bike at your lawyers in your presence if they wish to confirm its authenticity, to do this they will need to bring a duplicate bike along for comparison. however it will not mean you need to hand it over to them but it will clear up if its a legit product
Old 02-May-2005, 19:44
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
good idea bionicle, if they make the effort to fly in from germany at least you'll know have something special jasper
Old 02-May-2005, 20:01
Ducati Corse

Jasper?Who's this Jasper?Never heard of him!You must have me mixed up with someone else!Anyone want a blue Minichamps-"Off the back of a lorry"?!!!
Old 02-May-2005, 21:05
Big Twin

Mood: happy
all this to get your name in the papers
Old 02-May-2005, 21:07
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Wow - crazy story!!! If it was a fake, wouldn't the seller have advertised it as an "Ultra Rare Foggy Test Bike", not a Hodgson 2000? You bought it, as described, via a legal transaction. If it is a fake, what is it a fake of?? OK it's in a Minichamps box, and appears to be a Minichamps model, but it's not a model they list. It's not like the model you bought is a 1999 Corser, or a 2003 Hodgson is it??

As long as it's not been reported stolen, you are the legal owner and keeper. Do not tell Minichamps your address. Have they requested the bike back? On what grounds?

I personally think you have something they're VERY interested in, but I'm curious to know what. Minichamps are based in Germany, so maybe an employee made this bike at work and they're worried more 'specials' may appear on the market? That would explain the severity with which Minichamps are taking this. Is an insider trying to exploit Minichamps' collectability?
Old 02-May-2005, 21:41
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Jasp you have mail
Old 02-May-2005, 21:55
Big Twin

Mood: happy
i still think he is seeking attention

on a more serious note mate you are probably aware that you have a very special bike. Now how would you put a value on it for say insurance if there is only one of them around.

If i were you and Minichamps said they would swap it for what you want the answer would be no chance. You can buy the ones you are after when they come along, but that one you have will never again come up for sale.
Give it pride of place in your collection. ENJOY
Old 02-May-2005, 22:47
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Still don't understand my Minichamps are going down the 'fake' route. If it's a lost prototype (for example), then why not say so???
Old 03-May-2005, 00:01
Ducati Corse

This is the e-mail from e-bay:

It is with regret that we have to inform you that the offer

6955958351 -Minichamps Ducati 996 Superbike 2000 NEIL HODGSON selte

you bidded for has been removed from our database on request of Paulīs Model Art GmbH & Co. KG

Paulīs Model Art GmbH & Co. KG is a member of the eBay VeRI-Program (verified copyrightowner program) and insures us, that an offered Produkt or in the offer included material damages their copyright, label or other rights. eBay can not make comments on the autheticity of the wares but takes the necessary measures, if so requested by the copyright owner.

Inspite of the belated cancelling of the auction through eBay you are still bound to the contract. If however there was a breach of a statutory prohibition the contract could be declared void.

To clarify your specific case we advise you to seek legal advice from qualified legal advice centre or a solicitor.

Please note that by removing the offer there is no possibility for rating by either party.

The question is:If Minichamps are saying they have the rights to ALL the Minichamps sales,why have they just removed MY auction and no others?As Paul(Bionicle) has said to me,no doubt they will be in touch in the next few days.(Thanks for the translation!)

Minichamps have not asked for the bike back,said what it is(but "hinted" it may be fake,but they would let me know in a few days!),when it was made or anything.Thing is,i e-mailed them BEFORE i bought it,with pics,and all they said was that the pics weren't good enough!

We shall see.I see a temporary change of avatar coming along!!

[Edited on 2-5-2005 by Jasper]
Old 03-May-2005, 12:48
500SD

Mood: Happy as Larry!!!
Bloody hell!!

Have MI5 been imformed???

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit