Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 12-Aug-2005, 10:34
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
As he doesn't ride a bike I couldn't care less, black and white would be more stunning IMO
Old 12-Aug-2005, 10:44
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
Quote:
Originally posted by guest1
Who's Clive Woodward?
Didn't he invent the C5?

No! He's the illegitimate son of Callan
Having no interest whatsoever in watching men play with balls, I wondered about doing a who's who:
David Beckham – An exhaust manufacturer as immortalised in the company promotional video: Bend it like Beckham
Clive Woodward – the illegitimate son of Callan and Britt Ekland spawned whilst filming the Straw Man (acknowledgement to psychlist)
Rio Ferdinand – a south american bovine breed
Thiere Henry – some dude who does adverts
Vinny Jones – a mediocre actor
Will Carling – a serial womanising Paul Burrell lookalike
Johnny Wilkinson – a brand of whiskey?
Sharon Davies – a type of coat hangar
Old 12-Aug-2005, 10:47
BSB Star

Thiere Henry - I had no idea who he was until the last world cup, I just referred to him as the va va voom bloke, in fact I still do!
Old 12-Aug-2005, 14:33
GTL

TP....I'm surprised!! I thought people on here were the type to respect huge,history making achievements in sport.The part he played in the rugby world cup should not be underestimated,and certainly never forgotten. IMO,there have been fewer sweeter sporting occasions than beating the Aussies in their own back yard....
Old 12-Aug-2005, 14:36
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
yeah, i think he's still smarting from it
Old 12-Aug-2005, 14:43
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by sye73
TP....I'm surprised!! I thought people on here were the type to respect huge,history making achievements in sport.The part he played in the rugby world cup should not be underestimated,and certainly never forgotten. IMO,there have been fewer sweeter sporting occasions than beating the Aussies in their own back yard....

LMAO!!!

Yep you're right. I remember when we beat England to win the world cup and then the French ...

Surely you wouldn't want to get an Aussie talking about history in sport? Being the only nation to win the world cup twice ... and in a row ...

But I digress ...
Old 12-Aug-2005, 15:08
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by sye73

He's a rugby player? Oh.... had him down as a cricketer
Old 12-Aug-2005, 15:10
MotoGP God

He was a rubbish rugby player ... but he was the England coach who took them to the world cup and also the coach that took the Lions to NZ.

Old 12-Aug-2005, 15:18
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Bit like Mike Brierley Tony-he was a not very good test player-but a fantastic captain. Had something to do with a certain I Botham and R Willis duffing up the Auz Cricket team in '81-not once, but twice. Enforced the follow on and lost-TWICE for gods sake-how did you do that?????
I have it all on tape if you want me to lend it to you so's you can be reminded.

Mind you I was right behind Australia when they beat the yanks for the America's Cup-thought they should have taken it home(once they had managed to convince the NYYC that they actually had the RIGHT to take it home) and flattened the dam thing and christened it the Australia Plate.
Bloody Yanks.

John
Old 12-Aug-2005, 15:24
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
Bit like Mike Brierley Tony-he was a not very good test player-but a fantastic captain. Had something to do with a certain I Botham and R Willis duffing up the Auz Cricket team in '81-not once, but twice. Enforced the follow on and lost-TWICE for gods sake-how did you do that?????
I have it all on tape if you want me to lend it to you so's you can be reminded.

Mind you I was right behind Australia when they beat the yanks for the America's Cup-thought they should have taken it home(once they had managed to convince the NYYC that they actually had the RIGHT to take it home) and flattened the dam thing and christened it the Australia Plate.
Bloody Yanks.

John

I'll exchange you my tapes of every ashes series since 86 for your two games thanks Monty

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit