Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 03-Nov-2005, 22:03
500SD

faith in the justice system ?

hats off to the judge who threw out the case against the para`s charged with war crimes in iraq....nearly restores my faith in the justice system .......
Old 03-Nov-2005, 23:51
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
I dont know what were doing there in the first place weve probably killed more Iraqis than Sadam.
unfortunately Politicians never seemed to have read History when they where at uni otherwise they would have more understanding of Arabic cultures and realised how difficult lasting stability is to maintain in this region.
Politicians havent even to look back that far experience in WW1 should have given them some clues to the instability of the region.
Sadam may not have been the best tyrant in the world but I dont see many happy Iraqis on Tv lately.
Unfortunately going in with Yanks is like hanging out with Kate Moss while trying to give up coke.
the yanks have no uderstanding of history mainly because they have non of there own and what they did inherit they shot a bit like Afgans and Iraqis and the Vietnamese.
Old 04-Nov-2005, 10:49
500SD

I didn't realise you got GOOD tyrants......
Old 04-Nov-2005, 10:51
Big Twin

Everything is relative Berto ... there are degrees of badness!
Old 04-Nov-2005, 11:25
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
888 Heaven.

And what the Iraq'is under his regime were happy were they????

Those that spoke out against him did not have much to worry about, happiness was the least of their worries as they were executed, or beaten to within inches of their lives. That is if they were lucky, worse still they were forced to watch as their wives and daughters were raped in front of them, i would rather take the execution route myself.

Let's not get all political here, the guy is a loose cannon, any man who uses Biological and Chemical weapons on his own people and the Kurds killing upwards of 500,000 has serious issues.

I saw first hand his mess after the first gulf war, we should have finished the job then instead of giving him time to regroup.

Granted the yanks are useless, everyone knows that "all the gear and no idea" as we used to say.

They have little or no experience of FIBUA (Fighting in built up areas) There solution is to throw numbers at the problem which does nothing when half the soldiers they are sending are Home guard and reservists.

The region was always going to be a melting pot, there are so many factions of different tribes fighting for control. With people willing to die for their own cause. The Military big wigs knew this long before they went over there, only problem for them now is the folks back home are seeing it due to news coverage.

Why do you think the news coverage has died off lately???

Due to influence by the Military top brass?

They do not want people back home knowing how many suicide bombers have blown themselves up and how many road side bombs have exploded killing troops troops in the process.

As a point of interest i have close friends and a brother still serving over there so am slightly biased, In september in 1 week alone yes 1 week there was 113 seperate bombing incidents in Iraq!!!

I can't recall those figures every being shown on Sky News!!!

Anyway back on topic. Hats off to the judge who binned the case against the 3 Para boys. Any tour over there is stressfull enough without the worry of having to face a court marshall when you return for false charges.

It was proven that the Iraqi witnesses had spoken on several occasions in their statements about financial gain from their willingness to give evidence..........why it took for the case to come in front of the chief military judge before it was binned is what the issue should be here.

I am not stupid either though and have the balls to say that the Para's were by no means blameless, our troops have to remain professional at all times whilst over there and not lower themselves to the same level as the Yanks. Easier said than done when the compound you are living in is attacked by mortar fire most nights and you lose close mates, mates you regard as brothers having been through thick and thin with you. Who can blame them for losing it in times of stress???

The prosecution should be slapped about a bit for even taking matters this far with unreliable and clearly on the take witnesses.

What our boys need is the support of the folks back home.

They do not care if you agree with the governments stance on it, half of them don't agree with the way it is being handled but they are over there doing a job, most of them would love to see stability so that they can hand over to the locals and allow them to get on with it, and get back home to their loved ones.

Regards

ScottyB
Old 04-Nov-2005, 12:23
500SD

Well said Scotty.......who told you all that...s******
Old 04-Nov-2005, 12:53
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Wouldn't your army be better at home?
Old 04-Nov-2005, 14:22
500SD

Of course Tonio,

What would be even better was if the white flag waving French war dodgers backed us up for a change

Oh how such short memories they have, they would all be speaking German if it wasn't for the British bailing them out.
Old 04-Nov-2005, 14:42
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Replying's not worth it.
Old 04-Nov-2005, 14:45
500SD

But you did reply.............???

I will get my hook and bait back later when it passes out the other end.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit