Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 04-Nov-2005, 14:56
Big Twin

Whilst I can understand why the emotions run high on this, part of the comments following the dismissal concerned the fact that the basic procedures following the death were not carried out (collection of evidence). Perhaps if the procedures had have been carried out then it wouldn't have reached court but stayed in the theatre.
Old 04-Nov-2005, 15:05
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
Exactly Alan,

The RMP's were found to be missing the big picture as you rightly point out, with huge gaps in the evidence chain. Any other case like this would have been rail roaded from the off
Old 04-Nov-2005, 17:01

The guys are soldier..their own choice.
give them support ?
would you also have given Hitler's army some support, back in the 40s, if you had been german?
the army is controlled by the government. signing in is accepting that fact, and showing 100% trust and approval in the good intentions of your government. You cant feel sorry for the poor guys on the field. they chose to be there. They are responsible adults.
Irak should have been left to sort itself out, their way.
Old 04-Nov-2005, 17:18
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by stef
The guys are soldier..their own choice.
give them support ?
would you also have given Hitler's army some support, back in the 40s, if you had been german?
the army is controlled by the government. signing in is accepting that fact, and showing 100% trust and approval in the good intentions of your government. You cant feel sorry for the poor guys on the field. they chose to be there. They are responsible adults.
Irak should have been left to sort itself out, their way.

So as long as they keep it in house we dont care what they do.??................
Old 04-Nov-2005, 17:25

So long as the gov. keeps it legitimate, honest and just (if that is what you meant).
I'll give full support to the army when they are guided on behalf of the nation. not when they behave like muppets.
unfortunately, the world is such that it would be very naive to think that any govt is going to do the right thing.
Old 04-Nov-2005, 19:04

Sorry, i think i misunderstood your post..
as long as they keep it in house ?
that is a little hypocritical coming from the nations that
1- created the mess in the first place, by arbitrarely creating 1 country where there was so many nations.
2- armed and trained SH
3- armed and pushed the Kurds to revolt, against said SH.
4- starved irak for a good 10 years.
5- i could go on and on and on...
I 'd say enough damage was done over and undercover as it was. divide to rule. it is still the simple things that work.
Old 04-Nov-2005, 22:47
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
Quote:
Let's not get all political here, the guy is a loose cannon, any man who uses Biological and Chemical weapons on his own people and the Kurds killing upwards of 500,000 has serious issues.
Scotty
Didnt our government test secret biological programes on our troops at Portendown and what about the nuclear testing in the Pacific.
Unfortunately History has a nasty habit of repeating itself one of the main underlying reasons Hitler failed to overthrow Stalin was his Generals lack of understanding of the people liberated from Stalins yoke had they not treated them to the same or worse brutality that Stalin had dished out they may well have joined the Germans in greater numbers but instead joined partisan movement just the same as is happening in Iraq.
I have no gripe with our armed forces and for what they have to do I wouldnt for all the tea in china.
Yes we should have finished it the first time and had Margaret Thatcher still been in charge she would have told the Yanks to keep their nerve and finish the job but unfortunately we had John Major the wet weekend.
And we must not forget that this was all before
Osma Binladen where there is now a cause to fight for against the infidel.
the bottom line is we had no mandate this time or has now been shown no WMD,all we have this time is the sad loss of our own troops and a uknown number of innocent Iraqis blown up by car bombs which they never had when SH was in charge,they also had food and good medical care before sanctions.
ian.
Old 04-Nov-2005, 23:18
500SD

Mood: Warmed up and ready to go
I think its time to pass round the pipe of peace
Old 05-Nov-2005, 08:12
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

Quote:
Originally posted by 888heaven
Quote:
Let's not get all political here, the guy is a loose cannon, any man who uses Biological and Chemical weapons on his own people and the Kurds killing upwards of 500,000 has serious issues.
Scotty
Didnt our government test secret biological programes on our troops at Portendown and what about the nuclear testing in the Pacific.
Unfortunately History has a nasty habit of repeating itself one of the main underlying reasons Hitler failed to overthrow Stalin was his Generals lack of understanding of the people liberated from Stalins yoke had they not treated them to the same or worse brutality that Stalin had dished out they may well have joined the Germans in greater numbers but instead joined partisan movement just the same as is happening in Iraq.
I have no gripe with our armed forces and for what they have to do I wouldnt for all the tea in china.
Yes we should have finished it the first time and had Margaret Thatcher still been in charge she would have told the Yanks to keep their nerve and finish the job but unfortunately we had John Major the wet weekend.
And we must not forget that this was all before
Osma Binladen where there is now a cause to fight for against the infidel.
the bottom line is we had no mandate this time or has now been shown no WMD,all we have this time is the sad loss of our own troops and a uknown number of innocent Iraqis blown up by car bombs which they never had when SH was in charge,they also had food and good medical care before sanctions.
ian.

Im no expert but I believe that the incidents you refer to was (Porton Down), which was carried out on British troops, maybe a few hundred or even a thousand, distasteful as it was is insignificant to the mass murder by Saddam & his cousin Chemical Ali.

The rights or wrongs of the second Gulf war can be argued but there can be no doubt that Iraq and its neighbours are better off without him. Its a shame that he wasnt eliminated earlier.

Whats the point about all the history, it happened, I think comparing Saddam with Hitler or any other past mass murderer is a waste of time they were evil - end of. But for the future maybe crackpot dictators like Mugabe might think twice before going too mad because he knows that if he oversteps the line someone like the UK or US might step in and fire his sorry ass.

Personally (IMHO) once the decision has been taken to go in, as a country we should wholeheartidly support our "Troops" anyone who doesnt should be ashamed of themselves and consider whether they want to be in our "team"

And for those history buffs further up the post dont for get its poppy time !!
Old 05-Nov-2005, 10:48

as far as i know, the decision to go to war wasnt taken by the nation, not even by the majority of the ruling majority. it wasnt supported by the international community either. that makes it unlawful inmy books.

as far as the numbers advanced for the people SH had killed, he has yet to be trialed for it. There is more propaganda in there thanwe can ever imagine. what is for sure, is that the number he has killed will never equate the number of vietnamese killed only 10 or 15 years eariler by the US. remember the legacy of agent orange ! that's not that far back.

At the end of the day, SH wasnt taking any **** from his people. The country was in such a fractured state that this was one way to rule it. i am not saying it was the most human, but he had order.
And he is not, by far, the most brutal dictator living today. people seem to forget that. north korea springs to mind ?

so lets forget about the humanitarian b*llsh*t. the US dont do humanitarian. they could have saved 3 times the number of innocents, for a tenth of the cost by going into ethiopia. i'd like to see them do that on a similar scale, then we'll talk about humanitarian missions.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit