Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 21-Mar-2006, 20:50
500SD

bring back hanging ?

should we in britain bring back the death penalty for the likes of huntley and those six scumbags who murdered the 16 year old girl..?

personally i say yes, no death row, after sentence, take em out the back & do the business.....
Old 21-Mar-2006, 20:55
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
I'd be up for the job of hangman.
Old 21-Mar-2006, 20:58
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
No. One wrong conviction and the whole system is brought into disrepute. Time and time again the authorities have been shown to:

Not be trustworthy
Fabricate evidence
Get it wrong.

Bang up 'em up for life (meaning for the rest of their natural days) and make them work to pay for the pivilige of guaranteed accomodation, food and welfare. Execution is state-licensed murder/revenge. It can be abused. It is not justice.
Old 21-Mar-2006, 22:46
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

if they dont admit it and theres incontravertible (good) evidence, string em up and save a fortune
Old 21-Mar-2006, 22:51
Ducati Corse

Having said that...woman I know has just discovered that her stepfather has been abusing her daughter when he and his wife (the mother of the woman in question) were babysitting.

The little girl is 5.

Sick stuff.
Old 21-Mar-2006, 23:04
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Quote:
Originally posted by twpd
Having said that...woman I know has just discovered that her stepfather has been abusing her daughter when he and his wife (the mother of the woman in question) were babysitting.

The little girl is 5.

Sick stuff.

Don't get me started... I sit on Social services panels and listen to crap like this...I also listen to the victims.
These people are people they love and trust and do not want "stringing up" no matter how much WE loath them.

Life should mean life...the whole system is about politics and money...TWPD has a point about working to pay for their keep.
Sometimes tho I just wonder how these guys would fair if they stuck em in a room on their own with a gang of mothers. Women can be vicious when their motherly instincts kick in.
Old 21-Mar-2006, 23:06
Mille

Mood: looking to move in a new direction...
personally i think murdering/rapist scumbags ought to have the same done to them...but its all to open to abuse of the system.
So, yeah lock em up for life but make it LIFE, melt the key down, no perole, cable sodding tv, ps2's etc.....ahem.

If you take someones life then you don't deserve rights

Sorry..rant over

Ant
Old 21-Mar-2006, 23:08
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
No. One wrong conviction and the whole system is brought into disrepute. Time and time again the authorities have been shown to:

Not be trustworthy
Fabricate evidence
Get it wrong.

Bang up 'em up for life (meaning for the rest of their natural days) and make them work to pay for the pivilige of guaranteed accomodation, food and welfare. Execution is state-licensed murder/revenge. It can be abused. It is not justice.

Spot on.

By the way, does anybody else see the irony of discussing this type of topic on a forum called "idle chat"?
Old 21-Mar-2006, 23:09
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by kwikbitchWomen can be vicious when their motherly instincts kick in.

Women can be pretty vicious without a motherly instinct driving them. But that's a discussion for another time.

I'm not a parent - I daresay I would be baying for blood if I was and it were my child.
Old 21-Mar-2006, 23:19
500SD

Quote:

Not be trustworthy
Fabricate evidence
Get it wrong.

that may have been the case years ago when capital punishment was law, however, now we have the technology (in particular, dna) which can prove the guilt of the criminal....

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit