Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 21-Mar-2006, 23:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Quote:
Originally posted by uncle porry

that may have been the case years ago when capital punishment was law, however, now we have the technology (in particular, dna) which can prove the guilt of the criminal....

Mmmm...DNA testing??? Has to be conducted by humans...still not convinced
Old 21-Mar-2006, 23:22
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Sure it can...but not always irrefutably. Forensics have been wrong and DNA profiling has also been found to be wrong. Whatever, I don't support state-sponsored murder/revenge.
Old 21-Mar-2006, 23:34
500SD

i suppose the obvious question to any anti-capital punishment person would be "what if the victim (god forbid) was one of your friends or family ?
Old 21-Mar-2006, 23:43
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Has been.......
Old 21-Mar-2006, 23:51
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally posted by uncle porry
i suppose the obvious question to any anti-capital punishment person would be "what if the victim (god forbid) was one of your friends or family ?

I'd still take the same line. Capital punishment does not deter - you only have to look at the USA to see that.
Old 22-Mar-2006, 00:10
Ducati Meccanica

Hanging is too good for some people !
Old 22-Mar-2006, 00:12
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Gaffa tape and lead weights!!!!!!
and deep deep pools
Old 22-Mar-2006, 00:14
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by madmav
Gaffa tape and lead weights!!!!!!
and deep deep pools

Sommat like that yes
Old 22-Mar-2006, 10:07
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
I had "the pleasure" of meeting Philip Atherton (Pleasure probably the wrong word) when i worked at HMP Grendon Underwood just outside Aylesbury when i first left the Army.

I would hang that little bassa and it was DNA that nailed him, that and his confession and trying to stitch someone else up as well.

Here is a link to 18 pages of his co-accused's story including some indepth details (Not for those with weak stomachs) but good insight into how these characters work at manipulating and fabricating stories and weaving a web of decept around themselves.

http://www.innocent.org.uk/cases/mar...markcleary.pdf

Grendon is a feckin strange place, full to the brim of lifers who are sent there for profiling and rehabilitation prior to their licenses being up for review.

They do group therapy every day and the screws are encouraged to be "Hands off" and not use there batons etc when it kicks off.

I put my hands up and admit that it takes a special kind of person to work there and it was not for me, probably not the right place for an Ex Squaddie to start his Prison service career and i was gone within 6 months, after being a "Bit over zealous" one day when it kicked off.

I have worked with these people hands on all be it only for 6 months, and i am a great believer thatn they fall into 2 distinct groups fairly simple - Mad and Bad.

I voted yes with DNA evidence and non forced confessions put the bass'as to sleep or hang them.
Old 22-Mar-2006, 12:44
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
The innocent 16 year old drug addict in Reading you mean ? the one who set the guy up who's a known drug dealer to be beaten and robbed ?

Whilst i'm not trying tocondone their actions (it was within 30m of my flat btw) you can hardly not expect some sort of reaction from the drug dealer ?

Hanging.... hmmm tough one.... imagine for a second you were on the wrong end of it in a case of mistaken identity... obviously as technology increase the odds of this goes down... but it's not impossible for a perfectly innocent person to be sentanced.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit