Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.
Closed Thread

Old 05-Apr-2006, 10:01
500SD

Mood: On top of the world
Oh dear. Sorry to hear about all this. Hope we will still have the pleasure of your company occasionally.
Old 05-Apr-2006, 10:20
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Henners you will be sorely missed but will see you down south. May try and get to MR on easter monday for the ride in if I can. If not will see you at Brands for certain!
Old 05-Apr-2006, 10:50
888 at Last !!!

I'm very sorry to hear that Henry & Chris have resigned from the club. I don't know what has gone on behind the scenes with DSC politics.

But they made me feel very welcome when I joined DSC some years ago, at the Surrey meets and rideouts.

Clint.
Old 05-Apr-2006, 10:55
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Well this is all a sad start to the Biking season

A little perspective is needed I think, more riding and less politics.

Some good M8s have now for one reason or another decided that the DSC is not for them, CK, Webby and now Henners, which is a great shame. Of course this does not mean that we won't see each other or share a rideout or Two. I can only hope that as time passes people will see that the DSC is just an enabler, and it is the people that count.

The DSC over the past 7 years has certainly facilitated a lot of like minded people to get together and develop friendships, and I hope that this will continue in the future.

I am afraid that all too often periods like this occur in all organisations and the DSC is no different. There will always be individuals who are prepared to put in the time and effort and the majority who just want to pay their subs and maybe turn up at the occasional event. Without BOTH of these the club can't exist.

I for one fully support the DSC (worts and all), and hope with all my heart that when the Sun shines and the depression of Winter is behind us, we can all just get out on our bikes and enjoy each others company

Yours, a Sad but optomistic Dementor
Old 05-Apr-2006, 10:57
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
I'll second that .......

best of luck Henners and remember, we don't just exist in cyberspace

neil

[Edited on 5-4-2006 by nelly]
Old 05-Apr-2006, 11:08
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood

Hold on Neil I do!
Old 05-Apr-2006, 11:16
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
Well what can be said except that the politicing got the better of me and the massive egos got in the way. What we were trying to do was for the good of the club as it opened everything up and asked for more involvement from the members. The process, however, developed into a slanging match with insults being made in public by both sides as they acted like schoolkids - I don't need to name the individuals they know who they are. I was watching my daughter bikering with a friend of hers and thought to myself that is what the DSC has dscended to and then I saw a response to an email and that was it, the final straw that broke the camel's back. Well, like Henry, I've had enough so have resigned from the MT and DSC to pursue pastures new. I can hear the cries of "Flaky Webby" from some - "he gave up when the going got tough" - well I haven't but there comes a time when enough is enough and all I want to do is ride my bike, meet my mates and talk rubbish. I think that I've actually done quite a lot for this club and recruited quite a few members.

This club used to be a great club and I personally have made some very good friends through it who I intend keeping in contact with. I have also offered to carry on as RO for Surrey as I've paid my membership until next January, but apparantly I have to be classed as a member for that

Anyway I'll keep in contact and in any case you can often find me skulking around Box Hill on a sunday morning.
Old 05-Apr-2006, 11:21
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood

Oh blimey you aswell Chris? All the best, you know where I am and as with Henners no doubt will see you at Brands.
Old 05-Apr-2006, 12:07
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by webbyc
Well what can be said except that the politicing got the better of me and the massive egos got in the way. What we were trying to do was for the good of the club as it opened everything up and asked for more involvement from the members. The process, however, developed into a slanging match with insults being made in public by both sides as they acted like schoolkids - I don't need to name the individuals they know who they are. I was watching my daughter bikering with a friend of hers and thought to myself that is what the DSC has dscended to and then I saw a response to an email and that was it, the final straw that broke the camel's back. Well, like Henry, I've had enough so have resigned from the MT and DSC to pursue pastures new. I can hear the cries of "Flaky Webby" from some - "he gave up when the going got tough" - well I haven't but there comes a time when enough is enough and all I want to do is ride my bike, meet my mates and talk rubbish. I think that I've actually done quite a lot for this club and recruited quite a few members.

This club used to be a great club and I personally have made some very good friends through it who I intend keeping in contact with. I have also offered to carry on as RO for Surrey as I've paid my membership until next January, but apparantly I have to be classed as a member for that

Anyway I'll keep in contact and in any case you can often find me skulking around Box Hill on a sunday morning.

Chris,

Resigning from the MT doesn't revoke your membership, it makes sense that RO's are club members surely ? I hope you do continue as RO as you've brought a lot of value to the club there.

What I can't quite understand is why you guys decided to leave when all the things you were striving to get done are in process ?. We've been through a rough patch to be sure but are coming out the other side and I had hoped were moving forward cohesively.

It is unfortunate that Pronto was delayed, we've even taken steps to help avoid that in future. The rules/constitution committee is now being formed, MT positions openly advertised, RC race rep applications sought, bank details being dealt with. It's all happening, we are moving into a different age so why walk away now ? I've personally asked you to have a rethink and should you change your mind will do all I can to support you.

No hidden agenda, no "attitude" just want to get on with things and put the past behind us. Can't you just take that at face value and pitch in to help ?

If you choose not to do that then all the best for whatever you choose to do, it is time consuming and does require committment but once things are back on the straight and narrow it will be better for all concerned.
Old 05-Apr-2006, 12:56
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
Then why has my roundell been removed?
Closed Thread

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit