Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 23-Aug-2006, 15:56
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
buy?

Theres a sale on at mca Leicester as well.......ahh decisions decisions...
Old 23-Aug-2006, 16:16
Big Twin

Mood: 748ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
I am lucky enough at work to have the MTM bks stuff.....allbeit in black!

Which Honda dealer was that............also been looking at a german A/ness dealer the kangaroo stuff is e999............which makes around £680 delivered.........sizes are a bit strange though

Avonvale Honda
790-820 Stratford Road
Solihull
West Midlands
B90 4BQ

0121 744 7744

http://www.solihull-honda.co.uk

I tried on a Medium I think was to big for me. Not that it helps you!

HTH
Old 23-Aug-2006, 22:13
Mille

Mood: just love my slipper clutch
after a lot of checking out and trying i went for alpinestars race replica suit not cheap at £1450 but i found them to have protection everywhere with out be bulky or uncomfortable had them 2 years still fitt and feel like new even after a heavy impact with tyre wall last year. hein gericke did have them on offer at one time £995 must admit do like them arlen ness tho
Old 24-Aug-2006, 12:24
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
I'd have to go for MTM Scott leathers too. Got measured up at the Ally Pally show a few years ago, and the leathers arrived well before trackday season I've only managed one crash test session in them so far, about 70mph off at Brands. It was wet, so not as much damage as there could have been, but they're just very lightly scuffed in a few places. For what it costs, I'd go MTM every time. Might not have the fancy designer names, but I'd rather have something that did the job than looked nice
Old 24-Aug-2006, 12:34
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Why do people buy this off-the-peg rubbish? For a similar price you can get a tailor-made suit from Crowtree that is vastly superior in build-quality and protection.

I use Crowtree for race & road. I will never buy anything else. I've been using them since 1991. My current race suit has withstood 3 100+mph spills on the track basically unscathed.

Crowtree's service and support is second to none and in the unlikely event that you damage your suit seriously they will repair it for a pittance. They know their customers by name, the suits are beautifully constructed by caring hands, they take their reputation seriously and will never let you down. You won't get that service or protection from Dainese, Alpinstars or whatever.
Old 24-Aug-2006, 12:59
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I'm another MTM convert, I like my hideout suit and they've been really good with after-sales support.

They'll do a leather MTM suit, reasonably plain, quite cheap. Even cheaper if you had your ACU license Andy give em a call ...
Old 24-Aug-2006, 13:05
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grib
I've only managed one crash test session in them so far, about 70mph off at Brands.
... and very ladylike it looked too as I rode between you and your bike

I bought a second hand Spidi 2pc suit and had it altered by 9-Lives to fit me properly as a 1pc suit for racing and it survived a couple of spills and tumbles with just a few scuffs
If it fits you well with no saggy bits then it's less likely to catch any imperfections in the road/track and make you tumble or "ruck up" underneath you and cause bruising on it's own, but then it will feel tighter and more awkward if you want to walk around in it. So it's a compromise that only you can decide on.
I work on the opposite principle of bulking up to fill out whatever suit I'm wearing
Old 24-Aug-2006, 13:13
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally Posted by twpd
Why do people buy this off-the-peg rubbish? For a similar price you can get a tailor-made suit from Crowtree that is vastly superior in build-quality and protection.

I use Crowtree for race & road. I will never buy anything else. I've been using them since 1991. My current race suit has withstood 3 100+mph spills on the track basically unscathed.

Crowtree's service and support is second to none and in the unlikely event that you damage your suit seriously they will repair it for a pittance. They know their customers by name, the suits are beautifully constructed by caring hands, they take their reputation seriously and will never let you down. You won't get that service or protection from Dainese, Alpinstars or whatever.

I agree my Scott MTM was £600 and has performed brilliantly. I don't understand spending £1k upwards on non MTM stuff. However these non MTM suits do look better and some value looking good quite high, especially if they never crash
Old 24-Aug-2006, 13:17
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Never crash???? Either they don't try hard enough or are riding gods......ummmm...or we're ****!

Yep...pretty much any mtm suit is leagues ahead whereas OTP is prolly made in Pakistan or India.
Old 24-Aug-2006, 13:51
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Arlen ness........made in hong kong! same as the berik.........

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit