Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 16-Sep-2006, 19:03
everton

Peace my a4se. I'm in a bad mood ... I'm off to the pub for 6 pints, a bottle of red and a punch up !

Anyone wanna fight ... sorry stirring again
Old 16-Sep-2006, 20:05
Ducati Corse

That's the attitude ...

... we're NOT looking for in Normandy David
Old 16-Sep-2006, 20:16
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthy
Excuse my ignorance but I thought DD have their own website?

There is a DD website, but we are all members of the DSC - unlike you by the looks of your avatar, and therefore have funded this website.

What's this positive discrimination?
Old 16-Sep-2006, 20:28
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Unhappy

More "them and us"............who's DD? Who's DSC?
We're all bikers and come here to share our passion for bikes, specifically Ducati's, their riders and their riders lives. Anybody is welcome, just temper your enthusiasm with the knowledge that you're talking to real people. Not just the faceless PC at your fingertips!
Old 16-Sep-2006, 21:29
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordie
Must admit, some times I enter the site after work or in the evening and its only through shere curiosity to see whats be put up and who's saying what. Some of the reading material has a lot to be desired,and I often wonder why people enter the site only to "Stir" things up. Not all ways malisiously more "pain in the Ar8e" topics. If its on a "Nead to know" there is all ways the PM board to have a personell go at one another,its human nature to "get it off your chest" but don't forget, some people like Glyn and Keefyb and many other no doubt don't want to trawl through all the chaff as they do not
" Need to Know". How nice to enter a thread thats trying to help some one out ,some one in trouble,advise needed,read about some ones ride out , or new purchase, See a nice picture that some one has taken showing the good times we can have in this great club of ours. Life's to short to get involved with all the nastyness of bickering,slacking,his is better than mine,he's got it and I wan't it.We all know (or I hope you know) it take less muscles to smile than it does to frown So unless you're trying to loose weight by burn of energy ,frowing all the time will help. Lets SMILE and to hell with it .Lets see the banter flowing more and think before posting If you've not got anything nice to say then don't say it. It is easier to loose a freind than make one Regards to all 4D

Wisest of the words as usual. Fordie you are what the DSC spirit should always be.

(And no, I'm not writing that cause you wrote something nice about me yesterday or the day before )
Old 16-Sep-2006, 21:47
Big Twin

Mood: Feeling peckish
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveB916

I think recent events, read; DD antics have been seriously detrimental to the club/site and that DD Racers should a: be another entity or b: this site be devoted to it ??

How have dd racers been detrimental to the club exactly? There may well be some issues between a few of the racers and some members of the race committee, I don't see how this affects the club? Pretty much everything relating to DD, including all the DD "antics" as you put it, are contained exclusively within the Desmodue forum, you have a choice as to weather or not you read items in that forum, if you're not interested perhaps you could just ignore posts in that particular forum???
Old 16-Sep-2006, 23:34
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
There is a DD website, but we are all members of the DSC - unlike you by the looks of your avatar, and therefore have funded this website.

What's this positive discrimination?

So what does your comment directed at me mean? That because I haven't paid £25 I shouldn't respond to a post by a member - DaveB?

My post was simply a question.

I thought dd had their own site and ( perhaps naively ) imagined that important items relating to dd would be discussed there.

That's all it was, no hidden agenda, no attempt to have a go at anyone and no intention of causing upset to anyone or any group.

My sincere apologies

Phil
Old 17-Sep-2006, 00:22
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by everton
Peace my a4se. I'm in a bad mood ... I'm off to the pub for 6 pints, a bottle of red and a punch up !

Anyone wanna fight ... sorry stirring again

Who are you, who are you?
Old 17-Sep-2006, 10:06
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
So what does your comment directed at me mean? That because I haven't paid £25 I shouldn't respond to a post by a member - DaveB?

I thought dd had their own site and ( perhaps naively ) imagined that important items relating to dd would be discussed there.

That's all it was, no hidden agenda, no attempt to have a go at anyone and no intention of causing upset to anyone or any group.

My sincere apologies

Phil

Hi mate, there is a DD website but it's not official in any way. It's been made by Dom when he was jobless and bored
The only official place for DD stuff is here, in the Desmodue forum.
Old 17-Sep-2006, 10:08
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:

My sincere apologies

Phil

My comment was; why should I, as a DSC paid up member, be asked by a non-member to air my views on another site, when there's a section here on the DSC site that I can post on (DD section) that I have partially funded this site through my membership.

The other site is a privately run site and not funded by the DSC (AFAIK).
Tim

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit