Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 19-Sep-2006, 22:43
Big Twin

Mood: Happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlist
More "them and us"............who's DD? Who's DSC?
We're all bikers and come here to share our passion for bikes, specifically Ducati's, their riders and their riders lives. Anybody is welcome, just temper your enthusiasm with the knowledge that you're talking to real people. Not just the faceless PC at your fingertips!

Paul,
My sentiments exactly.
Old 19-Sep-2006, 22:47
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
My comment was; why should I, as a DSC paid up member, be asked by a non-member to air my views on another site, when there's a section here on the DSC site that I can post on (DD section) that I have partially funded this site through my membership.

The other site is a privately run site and not funded by the DSC (AFAIK).
Tim

Good comment.
Richard.
Old 19-Sep-2006, 23:00
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
get that post count up
Old 19-Sep-2006, 23:47
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Apology accepted.

Please let me explain my reasoning behind my position on this.

Perhaps its me, but there seems, amongst a few posters, to be an underlying dislike of anything to do with DD at the moment. A possible feeling of "getting too big for yourselves".... etc ; And your suggestion that there was a board that all DD issues should use instead of this one led me to believe that you too were perhaps anti-DD. I may be guilty of being over sensitive.

However, it seems inevitable in my opinion that the DD series, should it continue, will be too big (perhaps ugly) in the long run for the DSC to continue to directly run it as it does today. The DSC has an assumed responsibility to "share" the series with all DSC members via this board which can lead to issues.

Perhaps the answer is a seperate board funded by the DSC, I doubt this will happen though and until it does, this board can be used by DDers and by non-DD'ers to comment; self-destructive perhaps?

I feel that the competitive nature of any race series and the personal and financial commitments that individuals make to the DD series means that opening up and inviting (by nature of an open forum) comments about the DD racing onto a section of the DSC board can be a problem. This can lead to uninformed statements and input from those not directly involved in the series that could aggravate some of the riders who feel that what was initially intended as a throw away comment can cause further fraction between the DSC and DD.

The DSC / DD relationship is going through a "rough-patch" at the moment and there are those who would wish for a "quickie divorce". I feel that with some "counselling" then all may be made good again, but threads like this do not help this to happen, despite the fact that the original intention (and title) of this thread was for peace.

Maybe I'd better drink some tea and chill for a while - how long 'til Cadwell?

Tim

Tim,

My intentions are sincere.

I don't want to get involved or embroiled in any of the negative and in some cases personal attacks and arguments, I don't have the time or the inclination, I prefer to be constructive with my time. Sadly, I feel that recent events may have a negative effect not only on the DSC but on the DD too, as they are like Siamese Twins - Lack of new membership means no new blood to beat the likes of Phil and Dom - Congratulations, well done fellas.
I agree with most of your comments, who knows what the future holds for the DSC and DD, your observations maybe right. I support both the DSC and DD, I've visited Brands Hatch on a few occasions to support DSC members on a track days and DD'ers racing for points, I've even approached you to have a friendly chat for a few minutes.

On the other hand I do like to get involved in positive debate when I have some time.

May I join you and have a cup of tea.

Good luck in the DD for next season.

Take care,
Richard.
Old 19-Sep-2006, 23:51
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieducati
imho, most of this is caused by a lack of openess and honesty. some people ask simple questions and look for simple answers. others decide to not answer for whatever reason. maybe they are simply being antagonistic or maybe they have more to hide or maybe they just dont care. either way if a decision or action takes place that affects the DSC i believe it should be common knowledge. if this was the case 99% of the problems wouldnt exist. you can dress it up how you like but that is a fact.

Agree, openess and honesty are good virtues.
Old 19-Sep-2006, 23:54
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgbob44
"Wible"

"Wobble" but they don't fall down.
Old 19-Sep-2006, 23:57
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmav
on October 27th 2010 would anyone like to join me and her indoors?
mav

Yeah man, why not. Do I need to bring a baseball bat
Old 19-Sep-2006, 23:59
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyn
get that post count up

I'm trying, I'm trying.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit