Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 06-Jun-2004, 10:25
Webteam

thanks for your support on this one dibble.

andyb why dwell on something so negative? Why waste so much time on a subject that brought nothing but trouble and problems to this club? The DSC is more important than 1 individual who had a delibrate campaign to bring about trouble. This is a subject that deserves no discussion, - way way too much time as been wasted on 1 person.

This club is about getting out and riding and meeting like minded people, making new friends and enjoying our Ducati time. It is quite amazing that 1 person can do so much damage to existing and potential new members.

Sorry but enough time has already been wasted on this reply, - I would suggest that any further discussion be directed by personal e-mail to Il Duce. david.cook@ducatisportingclub.com

[Edited on 6-6-2004 by Webteam]
Old 06-Jun-2004, 10:39
Webteam

to add, - the DSC has no problem whatsoever with differing opinions, - this has nothing to do with freedom of speech, censorship, - it is about respect for others.
Old 06-Jun-2004, 12:29
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Management team i totally agree with the action, just not the style, and i do believe it warrants discussion!

My point was not so much to do with removing that person. Allthough i guess we could all see it was coming, it seemed to happen without any announcement.

Now i know we dont want to wash our dirty linen in public n all that, just that the cloak and dagger stuff breeds an enquiring mind.

My point was that when i questioned what had happened, my thread was removed! ie even more cloak and dagger, with no explaination to me or anyone else!

Now I do find this important, in fact far more important that some of the threads that are allowed to bang on concerning other things, for example, 50 ways to cheat a speed ticket!! respect for others?

Anyway if nothing more i have my and the sites answer to the original question. thankyou
Old 06-Jun-2004, 12:39
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Now I do find this important, in fact far more important that some of the threads that are allowed to bang on concerning other things, for example, 50 ways to cheat a speed ticket!! respect for others?

Whats wrong with that, I don't see how that thread shows no respect for others - surely its just a public service thread
Old 06-Jun-2004, 12:54
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Management team i totally agree with the action, just not the style, and i do believe it warrants discussion!

My point was not so much to do with removing that person. Allthough i guess we could all see it was coming, it seemed to happen without any announcement.

Andyb isn't alone here. I happen to agree with the removal of certain threads and a certain poster's posting rights, but questions about the action taken shouldn't simply be "disappeared", they should be dealt with.

The discussions on this board belong to the DSC and its members. We have a right to ask questions about how they are being dealt with, when action has been taken by the Management.

I'm not trying to prolong this discussion, I just wanted you all to know that Andyb's POV is shared by others.
Old 06-Jun-2004, 12:55
Webteam

going to have to disagree with you on this one andyb.

To discuss it is a bit like airing your dirty laundry in public, - why do it? It serves no other purpose than to bring about an air of negativity.
Old 06-Jun-2004, 13:27
BSB Star

Thankyou loz.

It looks like we are discussing? which is good.

Anyway. I know your actions have the support of the majority of members with whats happened.

I really cant see whats wrong with saying eg, this person has been removed because........and..... This is a timely reminder that we are open and honest, and do not support actions or views of this nature?

I would suggest in this case, saying nothing is negative!
Old 06-Jun-2004, 13:30
Webteam

Ok I give in.

Andy and others I don’t say you are wrong by asking for an explanation, - I am aware that this is a community and as such most people want a degree of understanding and knowledge about what goes on within it. However our experience showed that whenever we entered into discussion there would always be somebody who will disagree, - perhaps genuinely or just to have a voice, - to wind up others, - look at the replies, - dibble still bangs on about a throw away line we made about hearing negative comments from dealers about the falling standards of this site. The original comment was made as dealers are perhaps "neutral" observers of this DSC site, - it confirmed what we had heard first hand from long established users and newcomers to the site, that was all.

Followers of this subject of discussion will know that this has been ongoing for months, -it has probably gone on too long I believe as there are 3 members to the webteam plus a couple of other moderators, - and this has meant we have managed this site by committee, - each concerned about making what was fundamentally an important decision and stepping out of line by doing so, - as a result we hedged and procrastinated and did nothing. The decision to ban our first person from the site was made at the top, - it was suggested that we do not enter into public discussion about it, hence this reluctance. I admit that I think it is a shame that we have had to ban a person.

Censorship is a difficult subject, - I don’t claim that we get it right, (if I censored everything I disagreed with DJterra would be never seen to post, - I joke, he reminds me of that youthful immature attitude that I once had). To be honest I do not want to be a censor, - the site has rarely needed it up until the last 3 months. I would much rather be spending my time putting up positive stuff that serves as to increase the value to the site. The upgrade to this website was delayed due to one person and us having to spend so many wasted hours on him, - another reason why I am reluctant to waste more time on discussing it on the public message board, - I and other members of the MT will always discuss stuff at meetings in person, - I would have much rather left home at 9.30 this morning to go on the Kent meeting than sitting here typing this, actually I would rather have gone to Thruxton but I was reminded of family duties. This club is not about a message board, lets get out and ride.

We (MT) will I believe always answer direct mails form DSC members so please feel free to mail us if you want.

I really think that as a community we should move on now from what has been a pretty negative chapter in DSC life. A DJ go to you room, no tea for you.

Ian
Old 06-Jun-2004, 13:35
Big Twin

What did I do?
Old 06-Jun-2004, 13:36
BSB Star

Thanks for the response. Keep up the good work, and you do have my continuing backing and full support.

Andy

Ps. i dont want to start again, but i really do think the contribution of the site, is just as good as the riding of my bike!!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit